No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft Q&A Panel Round-Up

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• World of Warcraft Q&A Panel Round-Up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6927[/ATTACH]

If you didn't get a chance to watch the World of Warcraft Q&A panel at Blizzcon or with the virtual ticket, don't worry—Blizzard have you covered. Join Them on the World of Warcraft Twitch channel Wednesday, November 12 at 11:00 a.m. PST for a live Q&A with the developers. Here is a small transcript of what went down at Blizzcon as well as links to websites with full transcripts of the entire Q&A session!

Q&A Panel Round-Up

Will anyone ever use Doomhammer?
    You will. (It's a cute kid and a joke question/answer.)

Why do certain toys not work?
    We're still working on the toy box, in some cases we can remove faction requirements on some.

You've done a good job of taking certain addons or mods, when is tri-spec coming?
    We don't have plans to right now. With the Mysts set-up, we feel like you can have two unique specs now instead of two different ones for the same speciaization.

Are the old gods scarier than Sargeras?
    No, it was hyperbole. The biggest threat is the scariest at the time.

It's not practical to have to hang out in a group to be in a garrison? Will we have guild garrisons?
    We'd consider doing more to it in the future. We'd have to think about what it'd mean to have a guild garrison, we'd have to do a lot of changes and make it a fully fledged guild feature.

Will guild achievements be around?
    We want to have good achievements, we didn't want to have a situation where people need to join level twenty-five guilds only.

Are you gonna have better collision detection? Sometimes I'll get stuck on a tiny leafy plant while on my mount.
    Yes--I would love to have better detection. Sometimes we mark it as collision when it shouldn't have it.

How long is it supposed to take to travel a continent? North to South?
    We didn't really plan it out, we just wanted to make the world big.

I love Firelands and I love farming the flame cat seeds, will there be another place to get it?
    No, it was a cool look that took effort. Making it farmable takes effort, it makes it a hard thing to have for your vanity look.

Where's the line between fun and class balance?
    Right there. That's the line. (Laughs) Positional requirements aren't fun, but we evaluate it.

Paladins and Warlocks have their class mount. Will other classes get one?
    Aw. And where's the paladin teleport that mages have? No, but really it's how we look at certain classes and have an identity for them. If it felt right for a warrior, if it fit the kit--we'd do it.

In shapeshift form could it be a real animal roar?
    You want a roar for each specific animal?

No but if you do a /roar, you sound like a Troll or something.
    Noted. Good idea.

Since you released battle pets, has it met your expectations?
    I think we've been really happy and excited for battle pets. In regards to expansion, we see it as a content based system. That's why we didn't see more level caps or abilities, we're happy with the gameplay; what we want to do is add more depth by giving new pets and new NPC battles.

Why is Thrall the only Orc with eyebrows?
    He might have a different upbringing, we wanted his model to feel more human.

Read More Q&A at:

World of Warcraft Q&A BlizzCon 2014 has been awesome so far and now it's time for the Warlords of Draenor panel!

or
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
    X