Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join the LzH IRC server!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Join the LzH IRC server!

Have you ever wanted to talk to your fellow members of LzH without the hassle of either finding them on another social media website, private messaging them, starting up a topic to talk with just one person, or you don't particularly like the sound of your own voice? Well now you can, thanks to LzH's new IRC server!

Using one of many IRC clients available on the internet, you too can join in on the fun and games that go on in the LzH IRC chatroom! Firstly, download and install a standalone IRC client to your computer or use this link to connect right to the server from your browser! There are many clients available, although the most popular clients are mIRC, or XChat.

Once you have downloaded or installed your IRC client, you can connect to the server using the following details:
    • IP: irc.mylzh.net
    • Port: 6667

Once you've got all of those details plugged in you're good to go! Just hop onto the channel #mylzh (if you don't automatically connect to the channel, type /j mylzh) and get chatting!

But wait! There's more! Is there someone on the IRC pretending to be you, or using your username? Well, there's an easy way to fix that! Thanks to the ever popular NickServ bot, you can register your nickname so that it can only be used when you have typed in your password! In order to set up a password for your username, type in the following:

/msg NickServ REGISTER (password) (email)
    (make sure to replace password and email with your actual email and a password of your choice!)

After that, nobody will be able to register your name until you delete the username yourself! Then, next time you want to log onto the IRC, make sure you type the following once you're connected:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY (password)

(Editors Note: Something that I personally have done is included a command in my IRC client, so I only have to type /auth to log in, as it automatically sends the message to NickServ for me. To do this in mIRC, go to Tools -> Scripts Editor -> Aliases and add a line to the commands saying /auth /msg NickServ IDENTIFY (password), and you should be able to log in using just the command /auth)

If you are interested in learning about more IRC commands that can be used in regards to your username, check out this link, to find out more information!

Thanks! And I hope to see you in there soon!

(Editors Note 2: LzH are looking for dedicated individuals interested in joining the LzH News Admin team! Are you a speedrunning aficionado who loves to watch streams? Or are you a keen follower of the world of WCS and Starcraft 2? Or do you simply love video games? If any of these apply to you, or if you think you could be a great asset to the LzH News Team, then click This Link To Apply For The Team! Choose Admin Positions, then News Admin, and fill in the blanks!)

• Abschatten
      Abschatten commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see everyone on the IRC! Thanks to everyone that put in the effort of getting this running! Thanks HawkEye, Dangerless and all others that have lent their support and idea's!

• Disenchantment
      Disenchantment commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the post rory <3
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X