Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's finally here! Welcome to DayZ

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• It's finally here! Welcome to DayZ SA

It's been a long time coming and to be quite frank a lot of people have been waiting for the alpha release of DayZ SA. There has been a huge hype train standing around DayZ ever since its initial introduction as a modification for ARMA 2 a tactical military simulator for PC. In the years since the release of DayZ there have been many modifications of the original DayZ including Epoch, Origin, Overwatch, 2017, and so many more. With the success of DayZ, Rocket (the creator of DayZ) has been working on a stand alone version that would set a proper version for the public. DayZ SA will feature an engine somewhere between ARMA 2 and ARMA 3, or rather ARMA 2.5, customization for weapons, player skin, and of course the wide open exploration of Chernarus 2.0.

A cut from Steam.
    "DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted."

What I as a long time player of DayZ is really excited about when it comes to the stand alone is the potential reset of the automatic Kill on site type of play. At the beginning of the DayZ mod you saw a lot of players working together to help each other find gear, food, water, ammunition, vehicles and parts. Once the mod became mainstream the player base largely grew and what came with it was a lot of players that did not wan't to work together and the result was a large increase of bandits and kill on sight players. I am excited to see if the players will try to go back to the old ways and if not, I am excited for the intense player versus player combat that comes along with these firefights. Something that has always left me wondering is how Rocket and his team will work on approaching aspects of the game without breaking what makes DayZ, DayZ. If you have never played the DayZ mod before in the mod there is a humanity system in place that would affect whether you were a "bandit" or not. You would lose humanity by killing players and gain humanity by bandaging and giving "blood" to players (bringing their health back up) however there was no real consequence for killing players, I mean once you hit about -2k to -4k humanity (You started off with +2k) you'd get a bandit suit, however if you ended up putting a guile suit on you could never tell if the player was a bandit or a hero. With the implementation of character customization you can now put on what ever you'd like to as far as clothes are concerned so even again I am curious as to see how Rocket will approach giving benefits to player as a bad guy or good guy.

Here's a early look at player customization.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	J7SCFyF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	166964

DayZ SA Alpha is now available for early access on STEAM! Go check it out and join us for some fun!

• Epyon
      Epyon commented
      Editing a comment
      test
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X