Advertisement

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League of Legends Spectator to Allow Casters!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• League of Legends Spectator to Allow Casters!

Spectator Mode is different from a normal player’s perspective in a number of ways. For starters, a spectating player has no champion to command or team affiliation. Instead, he is able to jump to the perspective of either team, following the action as they see it. A spectator can even opt to remove the fog of war altogether for a truly global view of the battlefield. Additionally the spectator will be able to quickly and easily reference information on either team such as in-game stats, item builds, gold totals, and ability cooldowns.

I want to spectate a game. How can I access Spectator Mode?

When you are browsing for a custom League of Legends game you will now have the option to join that game as a spectator. Alternatively, you can elect to become a spectator after joining the game lobby as a player.

What games am I allowed to spectate?

Presently, Spectator Mode is only available in custom games. Games started by one of the matchmaking queues will not have a spectator option.

Is there a penalty for leaving a game as a spectator?

No. As a spectator you can leave a game at any time. Additionally, spectating carries no obligation to reconnect to a game once you have left.

If I disconnect, can I reconnect to a game that I am spectating?

Yes. If you disconnect while spectating a game you will be presented with the option to reconnect to the game that you were spectating.

Will it be able easy to compare team stats in Spectator Mode?

Yes. Team gold, team kills, and tower kills will be prominently displayed as part of the Spectator Mode heads up display.

Will I earn XP or IP for spectating a game?

No. You will not receive XP and IP for spectating a game.

Will the addition of spectators into a game cause performance issues for the other players?

No. The players in game should not experience performance related issues based on problems the spectators are having.

What are Riot’s plans for Spectator mode?

The launch of Spectator mode is just the beginning. We have exciting plans to expand the features and scope of Spectator in the future!

Spectator Mode Operations

How can I view individual player statistics and information?

To view an individual player’s items and statistics, you can click on that player to select them. If you would like to compare two individual players, pressing Tab will bring up a scoreboard showing the individual stats of all players on each team. This includes: kills, deaths, assists, minion kills, current items, personal score, current gold, and total gold.

Is there a way to compare the stats of two players?

Pressing Tab or the ‘O’ key will bring up a scoreboard showing the individual stats of all players on each team. This includes: kills, deaths, assists, minion kills, current items, personal score, current gold, and total gold.

Will I be able to lock the camera on a player that I want to follow?

Yes. There is an option to lock the camera on your current target through a variety of methods: You can double-click the champion, select it and press “Y”, or directly follow it through the menu at the bottom left corner

Will I be able to quickly jump from one player’s perspective to another?

Yes. You can easily jump from observing one player to another by clicking on the appropriate portrait on the left or right side. Alternatively, each player can be selected from the drop down menu in the bottom left corner.

Will I have the option to remove/activate the fog of war while spectating?

Yes, you will have the option to view the game from either team’s perspective, to view from both teams’ combined perspectives, or to remove the fog of war completely.

Will I be able to access the shop to look at items while I am spectating a game?

Presently, spectators do not have the option to browse the shop in game.

Will I be able to view player chat while spectating a game?

You will be able to view chat that was sent to “all” by the players. However, you will not see team-specific chat.

Can I chat with the players while I am spectating a game?

No. Communication with the players is not permitted.

Can I chat with the other spectators while I am spectating a game?

No. Spectator to spectator chat is currently not supported. Spectators may still chat with their friends in PVP.net by sending a message.

Will I be able to ping the map or view player pings while spectating a game?

Yes. As a spectator, the blue team’s pings will appear blue and the purple team’s pings will appear purple. A spectator may also ping the map, but their pings are intended as a tool for shoutcasting and will not be viewable by the other players in the game.

How many players are allowed to spectate a single game?

There are currently two spectator slots available in each custom game of League of Legends, though that number is subject to change.

Am I able to spectate a game that is already in progress?

Spectators must be present in the game lobby before the game begins. There is currently no option for players to join a game already in progress as a spectator.

Will spectating players be able to tell my opponents what’s happening?

No. There is a three-minute delay built into Spectator Mode to prevent observing players from being able to provide intelligence to the competitors.

Am I able to kick a spectator from the game lobby before the game starts?

Yes. If you are the game owner and do not want a player observing your game you are free to kick or ban them from the game lobby.

Will spectators be able to see what champions both teams have picked in Champion Select?

Yes, spectators will see the players’ choices in Champion Select for both Blind Pick and Draft Mode.

Will there be privacy settings that I can use to restrict who can spectate my games?

Game hosts have the option to allow or disallow spectators. Players also must join your game as a spectator through the custom game lobby. If you are not comfortable with a player spectating your game, you will have the option to kick or ban them from the lobby before the game starts.

Source:

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      big step for the game to allow casters
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• x10power Shock Drop of KayPeaLoL
    by x10power

Welcome back everyone to the 2nd edition of x10power’s Shockdrop. Please keep your mouse and keyboard on your desk at all times. Please do not flip your tables or chairs as that may cause bodily harm as we are going to enter the world of League of Legends with KayPeaLoL.

KayPeaLol
    Game Selection
    League of Legends, LoLs, lols, wait they all mean the same exact thing, what is going on here?

Well to put it short, KayPeaLol plays nothing but League...
    10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
  • 'Reflections' with LiQuiD112
    by Ari

Steve "LiQuiD112" Arhancet, co-owner of Team Liquid, is the star of the 61st Episode of 'Reflections'. This interview was recorded on 13th February by Duncan "Thorin" Shields.

Time line:

00:00 - Intro
    00:39 - Liquid112 as a player
    06:16 - His philosophy of signing marquee names
    12:43 - Open try-outs as a recruitment method
    14:54 - What went wrong with Curse in the first LCS Spring?...
    02-18-2015, 05:52 PM
  • Team Curse Adds Piglet
    by Ari
    Recently a lot of League of Legends teams have been disbanding or shaking up their rosters. Curse has also just announced a shake up with their line up due to the performance in LCS. Curse management decided to bump David “Cop” Roberson down to the Curse Academy roster and bring in the SKT1 titan Chae "Piglet" Gwang-jin to take over the ADC role now for Curse for 2015 LCS season. I think its safe to say all eyes will be on Curse in their first match to see if Piglet and Curse made the ri...
    10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
  • League of Legends Cinematic: A New Dawn
    by Goldensun09

Day breaks over a landscape consecrated by blood and steel. A battle begins as a new dawn rises. Check out this creative spotlight by Riot below and also check out here to see what went in to create this video.

07-23-2014, 04:09 AM
  • Update to Summoner's Rift Incoming
    by Disenchantment
    The new Summoner's Rift will be rolling out soon but what does it really mean? the fundamental structure of the map remains untouched. Flashable walls, turret ranges, lane sizes, brush interaction and ward placements are exactly as they are on the current map so what is the update really? Riot is trying to create clarity when it comes to spectating the game and create less confusion for the players with the current textures. When fights break out, the environment should be the background, allo...
    06-09-2014, 03:00 AM
  • Lzuruha Open #6
    by Cinchil

This is the official rules and promotional thread for the Lzuruha Gaming Open, Lzuruha's annual League of Legends constructed team tournament. This tournament will be run by Cinchil (I Have Awakened).

Tournament Date:
    The tournament will be played on Saturday, July 12th and Sunday, July 13th.

Tournament Rules and other Info

Prizes 1st place: 3200 RP & Triumphant Ryze skin for every player 2nd place: 2400 RP per player 3rd p...
    06-01-2014, 03:16 PM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X