Advertisement

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Paradox! Lzuruha Expands Into Project M!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Welcome Paradox! Lzuruha Expands Into Project M!

Click image for larger version

Name:	paradox.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	185573
    Today Lzuruha officially welcomes Paradox to the family. He'll be joining Lzuruha on the newly Super Smash Bros squad; specialized in "Project M". He recently placed top 8 in a LAN event in Alaska (Alaska Smash Bash 2017) against teams like Team Liquid. After sitting down and talking with Paradox, it was clearly a no brainer for us to move forward together as he shows a lot of promise with tournaments coming up this Fall as well streaming some speedruns over on his twitch channel in his spare time.

ElderFro's statement on the newly picked up member:

We are very excited to have Paradox join us, and represent us in Project M. Growth in the fighting game scene and smash community is something we are looking to do more so this year and I can see no better person than Paradox. He is very dedicated and shows a lot of promise with his drive to always practice and learn. He is someone to lookout for coming into the Fall/Winter tournament season and the New Year.
    Tell us a little about yourself.

I started playing Smash when I was about 4 years old when my mom bought me a Nintendo GameCube and a copy of Melee. I played all the time with my brother when he would come back from college but never played seriously as I was just 4 years old. I picked up Smash again and started playing competitive Brawl in 2013, winning the first tournament I ever entered with Mr. Game & Watch (my main at the time). Around 2014, I found out about Project M and how it adds more stages, costumes, and adds Mewtwo and Roy to Brawl and started entering Project M tournaments for most of 2014. When Smash 4 came out, I was in love with the fact that PAC-MAN was added to the game and after some time, I dropped Project M for competitive Smash 4. When I was entering Smash 4 tournaments I was ranked #3 in the south part of Alaska and was placing around Top 20-Top 15 at a local level. I got back into messing with Project M around the spring of 2016 and ended up picking PM as my main game over Smash 4 because of its technicality, the way the game is played, and amazing player base.

Why have you chosen to main Luigi over the other Smash characters?

Even though Luigi is considered a mid-tier and hasn't won any national majors, I still think Luigi is an amazing character and fits my play style perfectly. Luigi has incredible combo strings and can overwhelm players with the fast and slippery movement. I wanna be the guy people talk about at tournaments like "Yo, did you see Paradox with that sick misfire?"

Where do you stand on Twitch not allowing Project M to be streamed on their platform?

I think Twitch not allowing Project M is a total punch to the face to the games' community. PM players choose to play PM because they love the game, if they didn't I'm sure they would move on to Melee or Smash 4, but their love for the game is so strong that they would rather help grow the scene and make it their own. There's a meme that Project M is a dead game and to some extent people actually believe that, but in reality it's far from dead and is going to just keep growing. Not being on Twitch hurts our viewership a lot and that's why players don't know there's an active scene around still even though our nationals are doing incredible.

Where can people find you?

People can find me speedrunning at http://Twitch.tv/AK_Paradox or on Twitter https://twitter.com/LZHParadox

Unfortunately, Elderfro has some hard hitting questions for you as well. Do you play any of the other Smash games and if so how do you feel about them?

Having played Brawl, Smash 4, and Project M competitively, and being a huge fan of the Melee scene, I have to say that I love and respect all smash titles and their players. I think each game takes a different type of skill set to play at high level. For Melee/Project M, I feel like the game appeals to those who like a more technical and fast paced game. For Brawl/Smash 4, I feel like the game pleases those who like a slowed down game that is more heavily about making reads on your oponent. When it boils down to the core, all Smash games are the same, you have to outplay your opponent to win, the differences are that each game has a different style and tools to do that.

What sort of other games do you enjoy?

Besides fighting games, I really enjoy the open world genre. I'm a huge fan of Rockstar Games, they're a publisher that I've always enjoyed. I've also slowly been trying to play more RPGs.

What do you enjoy outside of gaming?

I'm a huge Survivor fan! This year will be the 2nd year I've applied to be on the show and if I don't get picked, I'll be applying every year after that. I also love producing and making film.

What inspires you to playing fighting games and go to tournaments?

Smash is a lot like a journey for me; you level up as a player, beat better and higher ranked players than you, and be surrounded by an amazing community. I think what I love most about Smash that keeps me playing is that I can see literal improvement every time I play. Beating people 2-0 that I've lost to months before is an amazing feeling and gives me the drive to try and be the best.

What professional would you like to play against if you had the chance?

I'd love to train with ThundeRzReiGN or Ilovebagelz. Thunderz because he's currently ranked #1 in the world and taking advice and learning from the #1 player would be an absolute honor, and also Bagelz because he's the best Luigi main in today's meta and I'd like to unlock more secrets to playing Luigi optimally. Even though Armada doesn't play Project M, I'd love to talk with him about his mentality as the #1 Melee player in the world.

Pulled Pork or Pulled Chicken?

Definitley pulled pork.

Coke or Pepsi?

I'm more of a Dr. Pepper guy.

Lavender or Mountain Fresh?

Mountain Fresh, just like in Alaska.

Name:	20543996_369018810179175_4340130151741393939_o.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	185574

Name:	20449017_369019146845808_3442922882477995859_o.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	185575
    Photos were taken by Jay "Nirv3" Frost.

• Kinoy
      Kinoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome

• Disenchantment
      Disenchantment commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome yo

• locq175
      locq175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alaskans Kappa. (im from fairbanks)
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Celestial Scrap Hunt
    by Disenchantment

Join Carnage64 and x10Power for an adrenaline-fueled journey in Lethal Company this Saturday, November 25th, at 6:00 PM PST on http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power !

Tasked with scavenging scrap from desolate, industrialized moons, players face a perilous balance of risk and reward in a realistic atmosphere. Brace for intense encounters, from limb-severing to decapitations. And, watch out – rumor has it that x10Power might have some 'friendly' sabotage...
    11-24-2023, 03:47 AM
  • A Decade of LOLs
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an exciting trip tonight as we shake things up on the new Jackbox 10 for Community Night!​

Hop on board the thrilling adventure by tuning in to http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power, where you'll have the opportunity to witness the excitement from multiple perspectives. Prepare yourself for an evening brimming with zany mini-games, over-the-top challenges, and an abundance of amusement or always sabotage CarNage64 by any means.
    10-21-2023, 06:22 PM
  • Unleash Your Inner Big Daddy
    by Disenchantment

Why roam the dystopian underwater city of Rapture alone when Lzuruha can hook you up with a free copy of BioShock Remastered on Steam? Just hit that reaction button on their post at https://discord.com/channels/2029991...69647173070948 to enter the giveaway. The Giveaway bot will randomly select a winner, so don't let this opportunity swim away. Trust us, you don't want to be a Big Daddy and miss out on this epic adventure.

Prize:...
    05-03-2023, 01:49 AM
  • Brick Your Way Through the Galaxy!
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an out-of-this-world giveaway! Lzuruha is giving away LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga on Steam to one lucky winner chosen at random! All you need to do is react to this post: https://discord.com/channels/2029991...59552232009808 to enter! Once the clock runs out, the Giveaway bot will select and announce the winner automatically! Don't miss out on the chance to join the epic Star Wars adventure for free!

Prize:...
    04-23-2023, 01:13 AM
  • The House Just Got a Little MORE Stylish!
    by Ari

Welcome to another update of our Shirogane mansion on Diabolos server on North America! We have updated the front yard a bit and plan to have a big update coming on the outside soon! The inside got a lot of new rooms added such as the arcade room, meeting hall in the basement, place to eat on the main floor and yes... even a ERP room for giggles! More will be coming in December so stay tuned!

11-13-2019, 09:11 AM
  • Eden’s Gate: Resurrection SAVAGE Cleared!
    by Ari

Ryne hopes to use its limitless power to restore the aetherial balance of the Empty and breathe life into the planet. However, she must first gain control of Eden's core, which is likely to have countermeasures for repelling intruders. This is where our Company comes into play... Our Company set out with eight adventurers to take down the Prime on savage mode!

Eden Prime
    • Note: The edges of the room will kill players on contact.
    Phase 1
    • Spear of Paradi
    08-25-2019, 06:05 AM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X