SMW "glitch" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMW "glitch" question

I was working on a 96 exit learning play through and discovered some kind of a glitch where when I would go to the top part of the screen in some stages it wouldn't scroll up with me. I'm wondering is this a regularly occurring glitch and for that matter does it save time? I know in some games time can be saved by not letting some stuff load so surely the same is true on this case. If we have any SMW runners who could help me test I'd love to get some input on if it helps at all or not. Would be kinda cool if this turned out to be helpful and could improve on some records.
    //Grimm

Do you have a video of it?

Comment

Its common in some levels like Donut Plains 1 you can Fly above the screen, Sadly it doesn't save anytime in any SMW run due to how the stages are loaded.
      If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

Sorry no video. Well it isn't flying above screen really as much as like super Mario bros when you can walk on top of the stages to get secret exits. Except in this case the screen is supposed to scroll up and center you but doesn't or didn't for me. In theory this could help I think because no enemy appeared spawned for me.
        //Grimm

Comment

Working...
        X