Advertisement

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green Speedrun Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green Speedrun Guide?

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I'm currently spending some time writing up notes on how to speedrun Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green based off of the former world record (because unfortunately the current world record uses literally the most unreliable strat I've ever seen, and is only 2 minutes faster) by MexiricanBassMonkey. Anyway, I've got a rough rough ROUGH copy of it that I'm finishing up, but when the rough copy is finished, would anyone like me to post it and maybe eventually turn it into a fully fledged guide? Because if there's anything missing from the speedrunning community, it's guides.

Or alternatively, would anyone who plays or speedruns the game like to look at it and help make it better, and/or help contribute to completing the guide?

EDIT: Also I'm only at Pokemon Tower, and it's already at 2375 words... this is going to be a long one... :P

And this is the bare bones version. SO HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED ONCE I'M DONE WITH BARE BONES.

EDIT: Also for those wondering, in the strat I'm writing up, he uses Blastoise and also catches Zapdos (with the master ball, so little in the way of failure) which makes Erika's Gym, Lorelai, Bruno, and Gary a piece of cake, whereas the WR strat uses only Blastoise, but everything from Sabrina onwards (Including Erika) is just impossibly stupid and hard and very very RNG reliant. Like, nearly 800 runs that weren't complete. 800 out of just under 850.
Working...
X