Best SNES Game of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best SNES Game of All Time?

What do you feel is the best SNES game of all time? for me its a toss up between a few for a few reasons.

Super Mario World
    Final Fantasy 3 (USA VER)
    Super Metroid
    Donkey Kong Contry (Ground breaking graphics at the time imo)

Whats your thoughts and take on the subject?

I'm gonna have to go with "the 7th Saga" it just holds a special place in my heart

Comment

all mentioned are good, but I'd have to give it to Earthbound I think... so many good ones to choose from though.

Comment

Zelda A Link to the Past
        Super Mario World
        Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
        Super Mario RPG
        If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

I forgot completely about a link to the past

Comment

SMW
            SMW: Yoshi's Island
            Mega Man X/X2
            Zelda ALttP
            Super Alfred Chicken
            Super Metroid

Comment

there was too many, even revolutionary games like mario paint came out during SNES. SNES and Sega out of all the consoles IMO had the best gaming lineups compared to consoles today. However if i had to pick some SNES Games

How has everyone forgotten about Street Fighter?

Comment

It is hard to pick just one but for me in no particular order.

Shin Megami Tensei - Really one of the first games to make monster recruitment its main mechanic and the game to kick off not only the SMT series but make way for the spin offs which have become popular in their own rights.
                The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I can still just pick this up and play it when the mood strikes
                Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) - It struck me as ground breaking for action RPGs at the time, doubly so with the co-op
                Seiken Densetsu 3 (even though we never got it) - This one always stuck out to me because of the way it used its party system and job system to expand gameplay and add replay value.
                Chrono Trigger - I loved the addition of New Game+ and the replay value it brought to the table with endings.
                Final Fantasy III NA (FFVI) - I always loved how each character seemed to have their own role to play rather than just one as a focus... excluding secret characters obviously though I did enjoy one of them being an apparent cameo from the previous game.
                Last edited by Dampylle; 12-16-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I never really played much FF before 7+ (I never played 3/6 until I got it for the PS1), so i'll definitely have to say A Link to the Past and SMW for me.

I'm so bad at Mario but i've lost countless hours to it on the SNES!
                  Gotta give a shoutout to Breath of Fire and Secret of Mana too, but the one gem i'm really gutted I missed out on when I was younger would definitely have to be Chrono Trigger.

Comment

My favorite SNES game is probably Final Fantasy II NA (FFIV). Other great games from that time would be Final Fantasy III NA (FFVI), The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Contra III: The Alien Wars, and Earthworm Jim.
                    //Grimm

Comment

Surprised I haven't seen Secret of Evermore. Mine is probably between ff4/ earthbound/ CT/ Evermore.

Comment

I think in terms of longevity and replay value, the best games on SNES are Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past. However if i recall correctly the highest selling game was Mario World wasnt it?
                        Todd C.
                        Twitch.Tv/TheonecalledTodd

My personal bests (PB Tracker)

Comment

The best snes game definitely has to be alttp. Sure, it has its cons (and its pros), but overall, its a good game.

Comment

Its far too good a system to label 1 best game. With classics like Super Metroid and FF6 to crazy other games like Sunset Riders. Many of the Snes games hit my top 10 favorite games evah.
                            We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                            X