Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo officially shuts down Wii console production

Yahoo -- http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...182930255.html

After seven years and over 100 million units sold, Nintendo has said a quiet goodbye to the Wii.

Nintendo Japan made the news official today with a short statement on the system's product page that read simply "production over." It marked a particularly subdued ending for a console that had such a dramatic impact on the gaming world.

Prior to its formal debut as the Wii in 2006, Nintendo used the codename "Revolution." No one had any idea how descriptive that term would prove to be. While core gamers may mock it today as being too focused on a mainstream audience, the Wii was something we see all too rarely from console makers: an innovative risk.
    Thoughts? Whats the difference between Wii and Wii U exactly?

i have no idea ive wondered this myself
    sigpic

Comment

Wii U has HD capability and a gamepad.
      Personal Bests
      Ocarina of Time
      MST-J - 2:35:15
      Any%-J - 23:30
      No RBA/WW-J - 1:44:16
      100%-J - 6:58:09

Majoras Mask
      Any% (English) - 2:24:29

Grand Theft Auto III
      Any% - 1:49:22

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CarNage64 View Post
        i have no idea ive wondered this myself
        Wii U is 'next-gen'.

Wii is 'past-gen'.

They want to promote the Wii U better, and seeing as their not making hardly any money off Wiis anymore this is a good move to get the Wii U more attention...something that should been done quite a while ago. Because of the massive confusion between the two when people would go out and buy a Wii and figured the Wii U is just an addon.
        Wario Land 4 - 59:49
        Virtual Boy Wario Land Any% - 23:22
        Wario World any% WR - 48:40

Comment

This is for just Japan wiis are still being sell this holiday season in the United States.
          If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

Working...
          X