Resident Evil 5 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Discussion

Hi, i speedrun RE5 on PC-Solo at the moment and i can't seem to find World Record on it yet, not PC-Solo Single Segment anyway. I've found a guy named Nap-Pe which can be found here: http://biohazardta.wikia.com/wiki/Re..._Evil_5_(Solo)
    He does Segmented runs though.

Anyways, here's the best run i have so far: http://www.twitch.tv/hetsig/c/3346555
    I can shave some time off if i focus more.

Here's some tips n tricks that i use, not all of them as some tricks are for Co-Op only.

1-2
    - Before the boss and when you enter the room, tell the A.I to Attack and he'll start looting that room, run and get the key to instant trigger the boss as Chris is where it triggers. Don't forget to tell the A.I to follow you again as he will randomly loot things if you don't.

2-1
    -When you get split up, just before the chainsaw enemy, you can shoot the lock off of Chris's door by a well-aimed (you need to hit the lock, not near it) rocket launcher or by casting a grenade on it.

2-2
    -After you blow up the second mine go right and you can climb up in a spot, If you press yourself to the left and jump up as the promt come you can go OOB and go to the carttrail directly. It's tricky but it works. NOT FOR SOLO as the A.I will go around everything.

5-2
    -You can kill the guys below the stairs in the "fireroom" before they yell, the cutscene and enemies won't spawn in that area.

5-3
    -Fastest way to kill Wesker is to shoot 4 rockets at his feet. If you try to hit him above his feet he will dodge. When cutscene ends, shoot, go forward and turn around, shoot and repeat. It's risky as Jill will be around.

6-1
    You can kill the crane enemy in the beginning by climbing up the first ladder and aim towards the crane lever to see a zombie next to it, this way you can skip the fallen cage and go straight to the ladder.

6-2
    -You can get rid of the black things that's blocking some routes with 4 Deagle shots and get past.

6-3
    -When you fight Wesker in the missile room, be sure that the A.I doesn't have any weapons as he will shoot Wesker when he doesn't see you and he'll see you again.
    -You can kill Mutated Wesker faster by being Sheva and aim for his back with the rocket launcher as soon as he's starting to wave his hand, one hit means the battle is over.
    -It can be done even faster if you co-op, after the bridge collaps, stand on the platform you're on until Wesker starts waving his hand, then jump over, Sheva can shoot his back even faster that way and it's easier to hit.
    I'll post more tricks when i find them either by myself or on the internet .
Working...
X