Former ESPN, NFL Network head leads new Blizzard eSports division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former ESPN, NFL Network head leads new Blizzard eSports division

Former ESPN, NFL Network head leads new Blizzard eSports division, 2016 looking promising?

Steve Bornstein, former CEO of ESPN and the NFL Network, and former president of Major League Gaming are joining forces to help Activision Blizzard create a new division dedicated to eSports, the company announced today.
    "I've been in the eSports space for a really long time," MLG co-founder and former president Mike Sepso told Polygon. "I've worked with Activision and Blizzard for many, many years and I've always been a big fan of the company. When a senior team presented this opportunity to me, it seemed like a chance to fulfill a lot of big goals."
    Sepso, who will serve as the senior vice president of the still-unnamed division, said he started work at Activision Blizzard about a month ago.
    The division will sit alongside Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment as a new, third subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. Neither the company nor Sepso were willing to detail how the new division will approach its work in eSports.
    Source:
    Steve Bornstein, former CEO of ESPN and the NFL Network, and former president of Major League Gaming are joining forces to help Activision Blizzard create a new division dedicated to eSports, the...
Working...
X