Method/Midwinter/Serenity Dramalama.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method/Midwinter/Serenity Dramalama.

Method/Midwinter/Serenity Dramalama. Incase you been living under a rock, TLDR: Some of Method has formed a new guild AKA Serenity and Slootbag and Furty is leaving MidWinter to join Serenity.

Method/Sco's Announcement:

As you are probably aware already there are big changes happening in Method. There are a lot of issues at play that caused this, some more complex than others – a psychologist could probably write a novel on the situation. There has been a pretty bad atmosphere and strained relationships in Method, and while in the past the unified goal of pushing for world first has kept the guild together this is evidently no longer the case. In short a very basic summary of issues that caused separation;
    • World of Warcraft, and more specifically hardcore raiding is in decline. There is a lack of competition; 2 Horse race versus Paragon each tier. The effort required to raid at a hardcore level (locked away for 2-3 weeks) is not necessarily enjoyed as much as it previously was.
    • People are motivated to play by different factors and at various levels, as always external factors like money are involved.
    • Lack of leadership. To state it plainly; the member’s faith in the officer team’s ability to lead due to motivation and drive wasn’t at its strongest. Over time there has been a ‘transfer of power’ between the officer team and the members. For example raid leading was done by Kuznam and certain other activities was being organised by members.
    • Different views on the Method expansion inside and outside WoW.

These issues have split the guild over time and various cliques have sprung up along the way damaging the ‘one team one dream’ nature. Unfortunately key people such as Kuznam (raid leader), Pottm (organised a lot for T18), and a few others have decided they would rather start afresh in a new guild alongside those they closely associate with. The remaining members are left with a choice and to cut straight to the point, many members will obviously follow the raid leader which is understandable.

In regards to the future for Method; there is 0 intention of letting the Method guild die. We will use the resources at our disposal to rebuild the guild. I have already been speaking to people externally and I have no doubt we will get something good going. The approach to expansion release and next tier will remain hardcore raiding and while world first will obviously be a stretch depending on how many core members we lose, we will still be aiming for the highest rank achievable. With the way the current raiding scene is at the moment, we are also investigating the possibility of streaming the entire progression. Will let you guys know more when I know more. Thanks for your support.
    Slootbag's Announcement:

These thoughts started to seed themselves very minorly in my head before we killed Blackhand as it was the most/hardest we ever raided, and that is one of the larger times when there started to be a divide in guild hours/capability/desire to raid etc. As that tier ended, and people voiced opinions, and we raided and concluded this tier, it had become clear to me that the large variance in the desire of hours raided was now a large divide between some people, myself being on one extreme of the spectrum.

I’ve been in Midwinter for 5 years now (I’m the second-most veteran member), since late WotLK, and since my joining in the guild I’ve been one of the (and at times the) largest advocate(s) of pushing harder, increasing hours, realizing a higher potential of the amazing team we have here. With bumps and bruises along the way this guild has grown into one of the biggest powerhouses in top-end PvE raiding and it is amazing. However, we’ve now reached a point where there is unfortunately now a large disconnect in my desire to go HAM af and the guild’s pace at which it will achieve its future rankings. I feel the need at this point in my raiding career to be able to raid with 20+ other individuals who can (or want) to share and dedicate that same amount of time until that final boss dies and push as hard as possible putting aside any obligation.

So while I wholeheartedly believe whatever the guild chooses to go with for raiding direction, it is not something I can participate in any longer. I love the people here and always will, but the suppressed feeling I have of wanting to push more has eaten away at me just too much, and if I were to go forward with it I would be doing the guild a disservice as likely my attitude and performance would start to show signs of deterioration. As a result my fun has just not been there as much, and has started to completely wane.

I wanted to wait until Midwinter finished a series of important guild meetings to go ahead with my decision as I wanted to hear every single person’s opinion and desire going forward, as this is what will shape the future of Midwinter. All of this has inevitably (for me) led to my decision that I will be retiring from Midwinter raiding and will be participating my MT duties over at Serenity, the large branch of Method now reformed (was actually Method when I made this post, but PvE IRL Cataclysm happened).

My options included joining another US guild or starting my own guild in the US. However the first option does not (currently) exist in the form of a hardcore 7-day progression guild currently, and the second option is something that is just too much work in my current time, as I’m still focusing on improving my stream.
    Serenity's Announcement:

Hello,
    at this point it's no secret anymore that we've founded a new guild after leaving Method.
    With this statement we'd like to briefly let you guys know about why we left and what our goals are for the future.

The reasons for leaving Method basically come down to 2 points:
    1) Lack of leadership within the Method guild
    2) Different opinions on the direction of the WoW PvE guild Method and the organisation Method

After a lot of talking on both matters, we weren't able to to get to common ground and couldn't find solutions that worked for both sides. This is why a majority of the PvE guild decided to start something fresh, completely cut off from the Method network and management.

With our goal is crystal clear. We will have our full focus on the World of Warcraft PvE race and are going to compete for #1 while still having a nice guild and raid atmosphere as it used to be in Method.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next tier
    Afroking LoL
    Battletag Elderfro#1453
    STREAM

Comment

I have a feeling some more shifting will happen from now to legion.

Comment

oh for sure, they already starting clearing heroic though for sloot and furty since they had to regear on EU
        Afroking LoL
        Battletag Elderfro#1453
        STREAM

Comment

Working...
        X