Weekly Wednesday Character Discussion: The Failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Wednesday Character Discussion: The Failures

Sometimes in anime we have those lovable characters who just cant seem to do a thing. Rarely ever do they shine, and when they do, its by a hair thin margin. Whether its a character who is stuck in a world with supernatural powers, but has none, or its a character who senpai fails to notice despite her best efforts, we always feel a little sorry for the failures. For me, a character who comes to mind is Rukia from bleach. People can easily say how she did this and that, but every time she does this or that, she nearly dies, gets captured, or just ends up making trouble for everyone else. Another character I can think of is unfortunately Shizuka from the newer anime, Shirobako. Although I haven't finished this series yet, at over the half way point, all of her friends have successful rewarding jobs, while she is still struggling to get voice actress jobs. Who are some of your favorite or least favorite regrettable failure characters?

Krillin!!! lol hes so fail and I recently started watching DBZ so yeah >_>

Comment

If you're going with Dragonball I'd say once you hit Dragonball Z Yamcha fills that role a lot more strongly than Krillin but I won't spoil the why on that just in case you're not on the buu saga yet.

Comment

yeah alot of the DBZ characters who are just merely human fit this bill pretty good.

Comment

Working...
        X