Cheaper Capture Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper Capture Card

I'm looking to get a capture card for newer & older games and I'm trying to decide which option to get.So far this is the cheapest option I've found that would work.
    Make the most of your digital media projects with Roxio! Experience industry-leading digital media tools and DVD burning power with Roxio Toast for macOS and Roxio Creator for Windows. Preserve your precious memories on VHS tapes to digital with Easy VHS to DVD.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a capture card ~$150?

I have used an Elgato Game Capture HD since I started streaming and other than a little bit of a tough setup, it has been great!! Make sure you go with this one if you choose this route because the newer ones only do HD. Elgato - Game Capture HD (Certified Refurbished) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U9TIKCM..._oQlvybB0VTZ5W
    LzH Speedrunner
    Super Metroid Any% 53:27
    www.twitch.tv/daddypnot3d
    CALL ME PNOTE
    #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

hey buddy yea i can confirm with dan there i enjoy my elgato hd capture it doesnt blackout like my old happauge did when is witched discs in FF7 very solid capture card imo and not that expensive
      sigpic

Comment

I personally use this internal capture card for both SD and HD gaming.

Just a heads up it took a bit of work to get it good for both SD and HD gaming but once I iron out all the bugs I had no problems since!

If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

What sort of peripherals do you guys use to convert hdmi to analog or composite/component?

Comment

The Elgato comes with an attachment to run SD stuff and connects HDMI with the TV.
            LzH Speedrunner
            Super Metroid Any% 53:27
            www.twitch.tv/daddypnot3d
            CALL ME PNOTE
            #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

And you'll still have 146 bucks left over Kappa
              New Easycap USB 2.0 Video Audio VHS to DVD Converter Capture Card Adapter Q23 in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Computer Components & Parts, Video Capture & TV Tuner Cards | eBay
              Todd C.
              Twitch.Tv/TheonecalledTodd

My personal bests (PB Tracker)

Comment

Easycap looks like it wouldn't work very well, and its only s video and composite. I'll most likely just get an el gato HD as I found one on craigslist fairly cheap.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the Elgato HD, hopefully it works out.

Comment

Working...
                  X