No announcement yet.

Blue Yeti vs AT2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah a pop filter, they don't cost much. It cuts back on background noise.

Comment

i've seen mixed ones, one with just a circle in the direction you talk then one that goes right over it, which is better cus i have speakers

Comment

that's a good question. i'm gonna say one that goes over it, but then again if your speaks are not too loud, you can get away with adjusting or setting up a noise gate. If i was gonna play it safe, just get the one that goes around it and if it still picks up background noise then you can set up the noise gate and you should be good to go.

Comment

LzH Speedrunner
          Super Metroid Any% 53:27
          www.twitch.tv/daddypnot3d
          CALL ME PNOTE
          #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

but will that work with the speakers behind that? my voice would be infront of the pop filter so... it has two directions

Comment

i don't know about the AT but the Yeti has a selector for which way the mic picks up. So it only tries to pick up my direction.
              LzH Speedrunner
              CALL ME PNOTE
              #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

to put in perspective

Black = Monitors

Red = Speakers

Star = Me

Orange = Mic stand to where it would go to kinda.

Will the pop filter be useful because the speakers would end up being behind it and only aimed at me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	184119

Comment

Yes, because it filters your voice as well. Noise gate will take care of any background noise.
                  LzH Speedrunner
                  CALL ME PNOTE
                  #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

Was reading this

AT2020 vs Blue Yeti – Comparison

The below section of the article will help you decide if you should opt for Audio Technica or Yeti. Features

When one talks about features, the Blue Yeti undoubtedly wins over the AT2020. It has a number of useful features such as gain control, mute button, 4 recording patterns and volume knob for the headphone.
                    On the other hand the Audio Technica’s mic does not have gain control, mute button or volume control buttons. It supports recording in only Cardioid mode. But what AT2020 lacks in terms of convenience it gains in sound quality as it produces high quality sound recordings. Build Quality

Both products are well build microphones. They are made using good quality metal and are strong and sturdy. Both the mics have metal grills that shelter the mic capsules situated below it.
                    The only thing that sets the two mics apart is the stand. The stand provided with the Yeti is very well built and robust. The user can adjust the height to meet his/her requirements.
                    In contrast, the stand provided with the AT2020 is a disappointment. It can hardly support the weight of the mic and the user has to place one foot on it in order to support it. Sound

The overall sound produced is one of the deciding factors while choosing a good microphone and this is where AT2020 scores big time.
                    The AT2020 is more attuned for managing high frequency than the Yeti. Hence the sound produced is much smoother compared to Blue Yeti which is slightly harsher.
                    Music from a guitar, rapping and singing can be recorded better using AT2020 as it was originally designed to be a studio microphone which was converted to USB mic later on.
                    The Blue Yeti is more suitable for voiceovers, commentary and podcasts.

If you’re looking for a best microphone for rap vocals then from the two mics mentioned above, Audio Technica’s product would be my bet. However, if you’ve got the money you should definitely go for XLR version instead of USB.

Comment

Stands don't come with them right? how much do they cost

Comment

The article seems a little bias, AT2020 actually has a lot more options than the Yeti.

Comment

Stands are fairly cheap on Amazon. This is the one I own, I'm sure there's others with longer arms but my desk is a L shape and the tops are only 20 inches long in width and the arm is perfect. If your desk is bigger i would try to see if there's a stand with a longer reach. Hope that info helps.

Comment

Originally posted by SneaksDGAF View Post
                            Stands are fairly cheap on Amazon. This is the one I own, I'm sure there's others with longer arms but my desk is a L shape and the tops are only 20 inches long in width and the arm is perfect. If your desk is bigger i would try to see if there's a stand with a longer reach. Hope that info helps.

and that can support the weight or size of a yeti or at2020? or at 2035?

Comment

The Yeti has a stand but not the type you are wanting
                              LzH Speedrunner
                              CALL ME PNOTE
                              #Pnote4Partner2014

Comment

Originally posted by Disenchantment View Post

and that can support the weight or size of a yeti or at2020? or at 2035?
                                Yes it will. Mine has an adjustment that tightens up the flexibility/movement. I'm sure other brands do too. You could always act like you're buying it on Amazon and see what others have purchased with that product (most likely will show you a pop filter and the stand).

Comment

Working...
                                X