Microsoft Edge Dev Tools Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Edge Dev Tools Not Working?

I use Microsoft Edge, yep make fun of me later. I use it to upkeep a lot of things like our team Instagram which is just a simple F12 to switch into mobile mode.

Just very recently I now hit F12 and it shows the box for 1-2 seconds before closing and refreshing the page. I can't even access the Dev Tools box anymore.

Any idea tech guys? I have deleted temp's already and reinstalled.

They broke it in the latest Windows 10 Update

Thank you for providing this information about the issue. We have confirmed the problem, and are considering a solution for a future build of Edge. We are presently tracking this issue as a duplicate of an existing internal bug report. We look forward to additional feedback you may have on how we can improve Microsoft Edge.

Best Wishes,
    The MS Edge Team

Comment

Known Bug: https://appuals.com/microsoft-acknow...ate-kb4462933/

The update had promised to fix various bugs including the following:
      • Addresses an issue that sometimes prevents documents from appearing in the Microsoft Edge DevTools debugger.
      • Microsoft Edge extension scripts from appearing in Microsoft Edge Dev Tools.

It has now been noticed that Microsoft added this known issue to its support for KB4462933 article.

Developer Tools (F12) May Fail to Start in Microsoft Edge.”

A workaround to this issue was also suggested for anyone who uses Edge and these tools. It is suggested for these users that they delete the following registry entries with administrative privileges:

Using Administrator permissions, delete the following files and restart Developer Tools:

On to x64 machine: C: \ Windows \ SystemApps \ Microsoft.
      MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient_8wekyb3d8bbwe \
      microsoft.system.package.metadata \ Autogen \ JSByteCodeCache_64

On to x86 machine: C: \ Windows \ SystemApps \ Microsoft.
      MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient_8wekyb3d8bbwe \
      microsoft.system.package.metadata \ Autogen \ JSByteCodeCache_32

It is expected that this issue will be permanently fixed in the upcoming updates.

Comment

Yeah recent Edge update fixed it.... Stop breaking stuff Microsoft

Comment

Working...
        X