Astonia 3 - Old MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astonia 3 - Old MMO

I recently went to check up on an old MMO I used to play in '97-98 and found that it had shut-down official operation and released the source-code to the project. I managed to get it working and get a server up. I'm going to be playing through it a bit and relive my first MMO and thought I'd share it here if anyone wanted to try it as well (old folks can reminisce and youngins can see how we did it in the old days), It's running on one of my old PC's that was just sitting around the house right now so I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up...

Simple website for account creation/characters is here: Astonia *Should be working*

I should note, I believe it's only windows compatible. it should work on any version though with the included ddraw.dll. Run from the shortcut (If you want to play full-screen right click the astonia3 shortcut, where the Target: line is, remove -w from the end. Leave the -x though)
    Last edited by eXitium; 01-06-2017, 06:35 PM.

Thats pretty cool, I'll check it out.

Comment

What is it like? Runescapish or?

Comment

I need to fix the links/figure out my apache configuration... It's similar to runescape, though pre-dated it by a few years. It's a small MMO, two classes warrior/mage, with the ability to become arch-mage, arch-warrior or seyan-du (warrior mage). There are professions, clans (typically would fight over clan jewels, ('wars' with 100+ players), PvP though it wasn't really diversified due to limited skill-sets. The game itself was coded by one guy so it's by no means a large/expansive game. Since it's open source I'm looking to learn a little bit of C/C++ and modify it, going to increase exp, and I have a map editor as well. There's actually an upgraded modified version of the game at http://www.astoniareborn.com/

Comment

From what I saw when I was helping you it seem quite interesting, I can help check your c++ code (If it is C++ ) as I still have my text book when I took C++ in college
          If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

Working...
          X