Star Wars: Episode IX Cast Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Episode IX Cast Announced

Star Wars: Episode IX Cast Announced. "honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII"

Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.
    The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

Release is scheduled for December 2019.
    Source:
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...cast-announced

Oo this is gonna be good.

Comment

People in our Discord have been raging over Star Wars when I posted it. Saying Disney ruined it?

Comment

It's not TOTALLY ruined IMO but it could have been A HELL OF A LOT worse lol

Comment

I heard the last movie was brutally bad? the Han Solo one also bombed too? I'd be scared for the next Star Wars if that's the case.

Might of been Rogue One? I know one of them have been getting a lot of bad media coverage because star wars fans were going nuts harassing this one female actress into quitting Instagram etc?

Comment

Rogue One was interesting. Han Solo was a little of a let down. But all of those were just side stories. VII & VIII for the most part was alright.
            I didn't hear about that story. Interesting.

Comment

Yeah the actor who played Rey also deleted her account.

As of June 5, Tran's Instagram account remains active, but her posts are gone. She did not explain why, but the popular Twitter account Star Wars Facts claimed it's because of bullying.

Days after "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" hit theaters, Tran's character's bio on the Wookieepedia website was altered to feature racist language; FANDOM, the company behind the page, swiftly removed the vandalism and closed off the Rose Tico page from further editing. Around the same time, alt-right internet personality Paul Ray Ramsey took aim at Tran's appearance.

One of Tran's co-stars, Daisy Ridley, deleted her Instagram account for similar reasons; the actress, who plays Rey, deactivated her profile in response to anti-gun backlash in August 2016. "It's not good for me, personally. I'm just not equipped for it," Ridley said a year later, in a Glamour magazine cover story. "I'm super sensitive--not too sensitive--but I really feel things."

Comment

Ah. Yeah her character is... just okay. Her acting can be alil better.

Comment

Working...
                X