No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourself Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, my name is Josh, (26, Male, located near: Atlanta GA) A.K.A. FaramirRat, as the unique name that it is, if you see FaramirRat in any game (I play a lot of games) you will know it is me. I don't think you could name a mainstream game I don't play or had played in years past, and you also probably couldn't name an Anime I have not seen other then MAYBE some romance or harem anime. I don't read manga, I just enjoy anime more and I like to not know what is going to happen by reading the manga.

I learned of LZH by watching Carnage's stream as I am a huge FF7 fan, so much so that I have a saved FF7 file that is in my opinion a true 100% FF7 run that I spent thousands of hours on when I was younger. Currently I am trying to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life, I have minor college degrees in computer programming / computer science, and culinary arts as I am a great cook, or so I have been told, but I still don't know if I want to work in these professions indefinitely as I also enjoy physics, history, and astronomy, I guess I am a late bloomer when it comes to that.

I hope to participate on these forums and in the LZH community and have some fun a long the way.

Comment

• Welcome Josh, I hope you enjoy the forums!
      Todd C.
      Twitch.Tv/TheonecalledTodd

My personal bests (PB Tracker)

Comment

• Hello all,
        I'm Lloyd (Chicago, IL). Zelda II fan for life.
        I'm here because Todd is persuasive?! Kappa

Comment

• Welcome Simpol, hope you enjoy your stay, we won't let Todd bully you here
          [Current Runs]
          FF4 PC Any% - 4:34:28 PB
          Trojan Any% - 8:42 PB
          http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?i...ini2&tborder=0
          http://twitchstatus.napshome.net/sta...ser=Bargainbin

Comment

• Thanks for joining Simpol
            Todd C.
            Twitch.Tv/TheonecalledTodd

My personal bests (PB Tracker)

Comment

• Hey, what's up everyone. Name is Abruzzi and I mostly play RPGs. I do play some MMOs from time to time, mostly WoW and I will sometimes dabble with The Secret World. But I mostly stream RPG speedruns. Right now the game I am focusing on is Suikoden for the PS1. Stop by sometime if you like. Thanks for having me here

Comment

• Hi, I've recently started speed running Final Fantasy VII again. I follow CarNage64 on Twitch and he sent me to this website. I'd like to get back into the speed running community!

Comment

• My name is Kramer! I love the community and decided I needed to be more active. I have been gaming most of my life. I currently have been working on my Twitch and Youtube presence. I am not a speed runner but I do love to stream games. Once I get a little more of a presence on twitch, I will probably get more of a schedule down for it. I look forward to talking games and everything else nonsense with all of you guys in the future.

Comment

• What's up everyone? I just like to hang out and watch speedruns while I work on my own games. If anyone wants to chat about game dev you can message me, and maybe we can play some games too.

Comment

• Hi,

I am Jack Asmo , a Qubecer writer.
                      I love gaming, chatting, writing, reading.
                      I have a nice pussy (that how we say female cat ? ) name Lili. She really nice.
                      Actually i do not do lot of thing, i play drakan the ancient gate.... YES .. You understand, even is that a buggy game, when i see it in the store, i have to buy it to play again.

Have good day ++

*and sorry for my english.
                      Hi,
                      My blog is available in english (if you click on the flag, to the right).
                      Your going to find my writing, proses, citations, poetry etc..
                      http://jackasmo.com

Comment

• My Name is jimmy but am mostly known as Jafem on twitch. I am a swedish casual Mega Man X speedrunner who would like to meet other nice speedrunners. I am a 3D artist in real life. I have been making art my entire life and i want to work with that kind of stuff.

Comment

• Sup, I'm Rogueain. A dirty casual. Also, an admin, apparently :P

Comment

• Ey up Folks, names JR, and im from the UK hence JRUK, im 30 years old. Im an old school WoW and UT player, was a raid leader for a while in Vanilla/BC, and also played for a clan in UT.

Im just an average joe, plays a lot games, streams most nights, spends time with the misses, and I recently got a new puppy called Akuma.

I used to speedrun Mario Kart 8 and recently trying to learn some NES games, Kabuki Quantum Fighter was my first, and I finally learned some of the Mega Man 2 zips though I dont think I can really dedicate myself to learning a Megaman game seriously, props to you guys that do, "thats tough kid.....thats double tough!" (Feel free to try guess the quote)

I "lurk" I suppose is the appropriate term in CarNage64's FF7 speed run streams, usually because im watching on my tablet, thought id check your community out and see how it goes.

Thanks for reading this

Comment

• Hey, everyone! My name is Derek, and I was brought here by Tom (CarNage64). I produce electronic music and hope to get involved with both streaming electronic music production, as well as supplying a license for LzH members to use my music on Twitch and YouTube! Nice to meet you all

EDIT: Oh, and my Soundcloud page is on my profile if anyone wants to hear my music. Just put up a new track today.

Comment

• Hello, I'm Blake, currently 31. From Washington state, recently moved to San Diego. Started speedrunning 18 years ago in 1997 with Goldeneye while I was middleschool/HS mainly hung around the-elite.net to help invent and develop better faster strategies. First I game played competitively was THPS2 in 2000, inspired by the TG contests with cash payouts (well was checks) then discovered how awesome THPS was from the community there from 2001-2003. Around 2001 became involved with the LAN party community in my home town of the Tri-cities, WA. Lead me to switch mainly to PC games then along with my closest friends, never owned a console past the N64. Also in 2001 became completely obsessed with TFC, specializing in attack/defend style, this carried over into college for many years, and lead me to set new records with clan 3v while individually being recognized as one the if not the very the best and most dedicated players in the attack defend league during it's prime from 2003-2004. If I had a major strength that set me apart it was my understanding, creativity, aptness and dedication with TFC boosting mechanics like explosives, concs, and team damage; also likely being the best soldier trick jumper of all time. This lead me into speedrunning Half-Life and it's related games starting in 2003-present. Set and held records for most categories from 2004-2012, and recently released HL21 which I initiated, planned and found most of the time savers for. Set and held records for Metroid from 2003-2013 and TMNT from 2005-20014. Invented many strategies and set many records for SC and SC BW around 2007-2009. From 2003-2013 was very active on the SDA and TASvideos forums, while helping plan and invent new strategies for many games such as GE, PD, MM, MM2, OoT, THPS 1 and 2, TMNT, Uniracers, X-men: Mutant Apocalpse, RE, FF7 and many others.

I became aware of LZH and what it was from Carnage64 while watching his FF7 stream in 2013. I liked the tone of the community a lot more than SDA and parts of TASvideos. I'm just getting involved with streaming on the verge of a bit of a comeback into speedrunning. LZH was the only streaming community (not counting sourceruns) I was interested in sharing that experience with.

Stop by and say hi at:
                                Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

or youtube at:
                                I upload my speedruns for various popular video games, and some other world record and miscellaneous videos. Occasionally videos for other things in my life such as acting/film and fun stuff.

Planning to get back/break records for Metroid, TMNT, THPS, THPS2, X-men Mutant Apocalypse and of course some HL.

Aside from video games, I love various sports, being a complete volleyball nut, player/coach, for many years, and disc golf being my latest passion (easier on the knees). I'm trying to get more into acting and game design and less into engineering for this time my life. If you live in Socal and want to meet up sometime let me know, I don't really have a ton friends here that aren't crazy busy, still miss my Seattle friends

Comment

Working...
                                X