Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO HAPPY ANDERSON SILVA GOT KTFO! :D

Caught up to him GG!!! Hated that cocky bastard

I actually like him alot, in terms of his fighting ability and his cockiness just adds to the the show. Thing is, he went waaaaay too overcocky for this match and that f*cked him up. He got something he wasn't expecting, and that might be good, he might come back way better.

Comment

he was always overrated

Comment

Yeah, I mean, a bit overrated definitely but he's good. He has a really bad ground game but his pound for pound is top notch. He's just waaaay over cocky.

Comment

hes 33-5 in mma, how is that overrated? previous to weidman he was 33-4. after his loss, he still won 86% of his fights. i guess the question is, how is he over rated? he defended his title 9 times in a row i believe, which is unheard of. keep in mind the way he fights is ment to be a mind game to the opponent, weidman SAID that himself, he knew silva would try to pull that tactic and thats why he was patient. a PRIME example of this tactic being successful was versus forest griffon, he taunts and baits griffon into making a misstep and knocked him out. the thing is, this time he got caught (noones tactic will work 100% of the time). i guess peoples see his persona as a cocky ass fighter, however if i had his reaction time and ability to fight like that, i would do the EXACT same thing, why? mind games really mess with people in ANY sport.

Comment

Fedor treatment to the silva fans king, what goes around comes around!

Comment

He got cocky at the fight.

Comment

Now I'm looking forward to Rampage KTFOing Tito at the end of the year. Bottle those tears lady, the belt's going back to Brazil in December!
                An army of donkeys led by a lion will always defeat and army of lions led by a donkey

Comment

Oh god I seriously hope not. Anybody is better than Anderson Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingSully View Post
                    Oh god I seriously hope not. Anybody is better than Anderson Silva.
                    Don't hate on greatness! It magnifies mediocrity! lol j/k
                    An army of donkeys led by a lion will always defeat and army of lions led by a donkey

Comment

He's a good fighter, but definitely not pound for pound greatest... not even best middleweight. His fights are also extremely boring to watch and I am glad he has been dethroned.

Comment

Silva was a very good fighter and in his prime I would argue one of the top pound for pound. His peak was well passed and his cockiness didn't help him. Still, he had a good run and change in the top of the middleweight division couldn't be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingSully View Post
                          He's a good fighter, but definitely not pound for pound greatest... not even best middleweight. His fights are also extremely boring to watch and I am glad he has been dethroned.
                          So seeing Vitor get front kicked in the mouth, watching the iron-chinned Chris Leben get destroyed, Rich Franklin getting his nose turned sideways, pulling off that comeback triangle against Chael in the fifth round then matrix-style dodging his shit in the second round of their second fight before making Chael look like he was saying, "I'm sorry daddy." as Anderson is standing over him ready to whoop that ass, knocking out Forrest Griffin with a fade-away jab after similar matrix-style dodging, making Yushin Okami like he shouldn't even be fighting in the first place boring? I'm not a fan-boy of any fighter. I like to see someone get their ass kicked regardless of who it is, but come on man! If there's anyone who isn't boring to watch, it's Anderson Silva.

Comment

Wow dad, no silva is not an exciting fighter by any means. Yes the vitor ko was an exciting ko, but no, the triangle choke against sonnen was not spectacular, it was just pure luck and the only reason that fight was interesting was because sonnen pressed the action and dominated, and silva v sonnen 2 was not exciting either, sonnen slipped and silva managed to capitalize, that's it. I find it funny that you bring up Yushin Okami as well, because at ufc 134 where he fought Okami, the crowd was booing more than once from the boredom and there was only one exciting part where silva rocked okami in the second round. Then for more boring fights check out Silva v Maia and Silva v Leites. I don't deny Silva is a great fighter, but definitely not pound for pound best, and definitely not an exciting fighter. He had a couple exciting fights, but more boring than good.

Comment

Working...
                            X