• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update on Thorin work situation

Rather large post but here it is:

Full Quote incase taken down:

An update on my work situation:
    It's been almost five months since I parted ways with OnGamers. My initial plan was to work on a freelance basis while considering full-time offers from the various organisations which contacted me upon my release from CBSi. As a result of my experiences working as a freelancer for a number of different sites, I've decided not to join any larger companies, at least at this point in time.
    Through my time writing on a freelance basis, I've been able to establish a number of mutually beneficial relationships with sites and companies I feel comfortable being partnered with currently and going forwards. The upsides of such a career choice are that I can own my own brands and build them as I work, as well as having near complete creative freedom.
    The only aspects which one might describe as downsides are the lack of stability that a full-time job might provide and the need to output more work. I'm willing to take my chances with the former and the latter is something I don't consider a negative, I want to be as prolific as I can and remain active at all times.
    I've often considered it a flaw in the way the esports industry is structured that once people with specific talents become established, they almost inevitably move on to better paid positions whereby they either no longer do what they are best at or as frequently. I don't intend to be one of those people, so I'm willing to accept the challenge of making this the most prolific period of my 14 year career in esports journalism.
    I will continue to write for Goldper10 and Gfinity, both of whom have been very supportive, for which I'm grateful. My video content will remain entirely my own, as I'll continue to build my personal brand on my youtube channel and collaborate with MonteCristo and others to grow the InsightOnEsports youtube channel.
    I've recently been fortunate enough to acquire two personal sponsorships for my youtube channel, for the Thorin's Thoughts series, one of which I can announce today. Beginning this month, the League of Legends-related episodes of Thorin's Thoughts will be sponsored by Vulcun, who run a fantasy League of Legends service. If you sign-up at www.vulcun.com and use the promotion code Thooorin then they'll match your initial deposit, up to $1,000, by 100%. Thanks to them for reaching out and helping support my video work.
    I have another sponsor lined up for Thorin's Thoughts, but there is still some paperwork to be completed between us, so I won't announce the specifics yet. An important consideration for me when taking on sponsorship is that integrating these companies and their services is done in a manner which is tasteful, non-intrusive and doesn't disrupt the atmosphere I've created in the series.
    I still plan on providing CS:GO analysis at offline events, and I've had numerous reach out to me to arrange such collaborations, but the total number I will be able to attend will be dependent on my living conditions, as I plan to visit Korea again as the year goes on.
    As far as you guys are concerned, it won't look like much has changed, in terms of my content, which is ideal, I think. I thought I'd let everyone know what my status is, though, as people often message me, concerned about my financial well-being or how they can help support me. I don't need donations or any kind of special fund-raising. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I have people I can provide traffic to in exchange for financial support, as well as my own brands I am building.
    If you guys want to support me, then simply view the content I produce that you enjoy, as you have been doing, and consider patronising the companies who will be sponsoring me, if you find their products or services worthwhile and of interest. Everything will work itself out in the end.
    That's all for now
    Thorin
    www.goldper10.com
    www.gfinity.net
    www.youtube.com/user/Thooorin
    www.youtube.com/user/InsightOnEsports
    www.vulcun.com
    Source:
    An update on my work situation: It's been almost five months since I parted ways with OnGamers. My initial plan was to work on a freelance basis while considering full-time offers from the various...

Working...
X