X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive DreamHack Drama with Richard Lewis & Jonathan 'Loda' Berg

Massive DreamHack Drama with Richard Lewis & Jonathan 'Loda' Berg

TL;DR

Lewis kinda made a joke about sleeping with Loda's girlfriend and put it out on social media. Loda got offended and they tweet fought, Lewis told him to come to the backstage and do something about it. When he did conflicting info is coming out of who assaulted who first but from the sounds of it Richard Lewis won't be going back to DreamHack again after this incident.

DreamHacks official Announcement:

Violence and any forms of harassment have no place in the gaming community, and at DreamHack events.
    During the afternoon today at DreamHack Winter 2015 there was an incident at the CS:GO backstage area, where Loda and Richard Lewis were involved in verbal dispute that escalated into a physical confrontation. The situation was witnessed by DreamHack staff, who intervened and pulled both parties apart when the confrontation began. After cooling down the situation, DreamHack Security Crew was called to the site, and took official statements of the involved the parties. DreamHack also notified Police that came to the location to take statements from both parties and witnesses.
    It is of the utmost importance for DreamHack to operate an event in which all visitors, staff, exhibitors, and competitors can feel safe. All parties, DreamHack, Richard Lewis and Loda deeply regret that an environment existed in which this situation occurred, and that the confrontation escalated as it did. All parties have jointly talked with DreamHack Security Crew, as well as police and believe the best actions are to put aside our differences and come together to move forward with the conclusion of DreamHack Winter 2015.
    We hope that all event visitors and online viewers will focus on the positive activities and all the great ongoings of the event this weekend.
    DreamHack
    Jonathan ‘Loda’ Berg
    Richard Lewis
    More Articles about it:

I’ve spent ten years promoting what we do in this ever-expanding niche and I’d rather be writing the headlines than be in them.

Its getting juicier now that a DreamHack Staff admitted now:

I was advised to be silent but I can't stand it anymore. @RLewisReports strangled @LodaBerg and I was the one who with force stopped Richard so he wouldn't deeply injure Loda, or worse. I don't know what would have happened if I wasn't there.

I came down and saw Richard and Kelly having a huge verbal dispute. I took the position between the two and when Kelly walked off I tried to calm Richard down and advised him to let this go as it wasn't worth it.

While talking to Richard, Loda pops up without me really being able to react. Loda didn't touch Lewis but aggressively approached Richard. There was a fast and aggressive conversation where Loda said "I'm here, yes it's me". Suddenly Richard attacked Loda and started to strangle him.

Who strangles another when threatened? That's beyond me! It wasn't like Richard tried to push Loda away and accidentally hit his throat. No, Richard grabbed Lodas throat with both hands and pushed him backwards towards the ground while strangling what to me looked very hard.

I grabbed Richard and pulled him through the door. I was upset and sad that he had fucked up the situation so badly as I had tried to calm him down. This story was given as a witness to the police on site.

Later on DreamHack staff was able to get both parties to agree to settle this and move on. Loda wanted a guarantee that Richard wouldn't spin this online which they both eventually agreed on.

Since then Richard have according to me, spinned this as much as he can in all direction to try to become the victim and to bait people like me to overstep and react.

Here is the truth from someone who witnessed this from a 1 meter distance and had to act with civil courage and wanted to settle this to move on without this being a public circus and popularity contest.

Comment

Richards side of things:

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Working...
      X