MineCraft Server Open Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MineCraft Server Open Discussion

Today I'm opening the floor to new ideas, ideas you guys may have for our Minecraft server. The FeedTheBeast server has dipped in population quite a bit, primarily due to everyone is at end game more or less and there really isn't much to do when you become extremely OP in the game and the game literally plays itself for you with the quarrys and people lose interest.

The question now is do we stick with feedthebeast or come up with a new idea to bring life to the Minecraft community again.

One idea we had was:

We could go back to vanilla which will make things a little harder and have to work for your home, your gear and much more.
    While the server is still a vanilla server we could add the following elements to meet everyone's needs
    • Central Hub (Spawn Point)
    • There would be a games hub in the center for games like on the old map (parkour, redstone games, hunger games, other stuff)
    • One centralized Nether portal.
    • The map split into two pieces, one side PvP, one PvE, you can only build in one of the zones.
    • PvP zone will be slightly harsh at the starting point and would eventually be normal as you go further out a bit like a barren.
    • PvE zone will be full carebear.
    • A zone in the middle which would act like wintergrasp between the PvP and PVE'ers.

This is just one of the ideas to bring people together to an extent instead of all spreading out being hermits since the game will be much more fun with better social interactions. We would also open up our TS3 to the minecraft community.

Again this is just one idea we have come up with, we're interested in hearing back from you guys on a sense of direction that is best suited for the community and growth.
    Last edited by Epyon; 06-16-2016, 04:56 AM.

I'm open for whatever, I personally don't care for feed the beast for replay value since once I have it set up, I just need to be in a building mood. I'm sure others will be oppose to this idea as a lot have invested time into it but I will agree the server is pretty dead, when I logged on I seen polishedgem sometimes but no one else during my time of play.

If you go with the idea you have, I think it has potential for more interaction but will suffer the same fate unless we have people who will help lead the community with active events on the server with the hunger games stuff.

I have ideas in my head already and some stuff I can pull from the RPG server we have shelved to make the hub and environment for the beginning spots really cool.

**edit**

there's freaking polar bears in vanilla 1.10!

Comment

I have an idea but wanna hear others feedback before I post mine. Its probably lame anyway :/

Comment

I be interested in doing a different mod pack like Sky Factory, UHC MC (I believe Wyld is making a new version soon so let just wait on this one). Though with a center hub that could be a gateway into different servers so let say we did go with the Sky Factory, we could still have vanilla though a different gate.
        If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by x10power View Post
          I be interested in doing a different mod pack like Sky Factory, UHC MC (I believe Wyld is making a new version soon so let just wait on this one). Though with a center hub that could be a gateway into different servers so let say we did go with the Sky Factory, we could still have vanilla though a different gate.
          Isnt that just gimmicky and do what Jar is saying otherwise and divides us with gateways?

Comment

FtB was a bit too hardcore for me. Im a simple person and all the options and new stuff kinda threw me off. I enjoy playing vanilla with other players and i sorta miss the events Carnage64 used to do. Making projects as a group was fun in my opinion.
            "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool." (Reno - FFVII)

Comment

I personally feel that FTB is fun but as said above once you get to "endgame" no real point in playing, compared to vanilla where you can never become "immortal" like in FTB.

On that note I feel this is why you do not see PVP on FTB

I think vanilla is a better idea all round for longevity and gives more people more reason to play.
              Afroking LoL
              Battletag Elderfro#1453
              STREAM

Comment

I mean I don't care either way because I'll play anything. Considering how much time I've put into FTB and I don't consider myself anywhere near endgame, having only even touched about 3-4 of the mods in any substance (EnderIO, Applied Energistics, Industrialcraft, Thermal Expansion, Mystcraft and RFTools) Basically all the resource gathering mods and alternate worlds. I must have a different definition of endgame. Invincible sure, lots of resources sure (is 14million cobblestone enough?), but there's so much to the pack that I don't think anyone is at endgame yet but I guess everyone has their own taste and won't go into everything, though I had planned to. Was working on Thaumcraft currently and about to go into Botania and Blood Magic as well as setting up some of Steve's Carts/Factories.

I'm not too big on the Sky FTB packs because to me it's just long for the sake of being long and there really is no substance to it. VERY grindy... I don't mind vanilla but there absolutely has to be PvP with some kind of additional features to it, I used to love playing factions and trying to build and impenetrable base while trying to break into others with TNT cannons. but I'm up for anything as long as it's not some crazy class/spell system.

I'll play anything though, (btw if you switch can I have a copy of the map-file from this FTB server? :P) I wish there was an updated version of Blood N' Bones pack that was fun with very OP mobs to fight with rogue-like random dungeons to explore.

(Looking quickly at the FTB launcher what about the Vanilla+? seems like they removed all the OP item getting stuff and just left things like inventory tweaks and the extra decorative blocks, unless people wanted to update to 1.9 vanilla)

Comment

The game is past 1.9 and on 1.10 now eXitium.

I think the big distaste for the mod is the fact a lot of it is automated and becomes more of a different type of job then. You don't explore as much and just go to your quarry chest. I also believe the big problem is lack of interaction or events as well since its much easier to set up an automated system and ignore the world.

If we were to change it would have to be back to Vanilla instead of these gimmicky mods that just seem to die off each season.

at the end of the day we all need to come to some sort of agreement on what we want and actually play because right now its just lonely like you said in your topic before.

Comment

Well I'm behind on the times apparently haha.

It is a different kind of game with FTB.. the entire idea is based around automation and figuring out HOW to automate it and figuring out a way to build machines to do it, then how to shrink that into a more efficient machine. (I don't go to my quarry chest it's pumped directly into my AE computer btw :P ) It would be almost impossible to explore the entire FTB infinity pack without using some kind of automation for resources. There is just way too much in the pack.

Like I said I'm indifferent, I'll play anything but to me the endgame in vanilla is much quicker than the endgame in FTB, and it gets to the same point of *near*invincibility and the idea of having to be in a building mood to really continue to play. Saying vanilla has more longevity just because you have to "work" for your stuff and do everything manually isn't true for me, it's a different 'kind' of gameplay that maybe FTB isn't suited for the people playing here. To me if it's anything close to vanilla I'd at least want some kind of PvP based plugin for land control or something to fight over, zones, areas or even just rewards. Just plain vanilla with a PvP and PvE section doesn't quite cut it and gets boring fast once everyone has settled in and has their initial house, farms, animals etc.

I'll play regardless of what happens though, Minecraft is one of my go-to boredom games.

Comment

Hey eXitium so the problem with the idea of achieving "actual" end game is you'll never achieve it without admin intervention. The mods are put together badly and some recipes are not into the mods and require give commands to get it for a good chunk of the mods.

Some samples:

...and many more. Also you cannot complete some of the mod packs due to no jungle biomes being spawned in FTB and were replaced with Mushroom biomes.

I agree it's how you play it and clearly we have a lot of people mixed about what direction we should take the community in but we have to have something that works as well.

Can you give us some PvP mod examples? and does it require the player to download additional stuff or is it all server side?

Comment

Well yeah there's always issues when you have such a massive modpack like that. I just like to achieve as much as I can. Maybe I'm late to the party here but I've crafted all of the above with no issues, even found jungle biomes that I have waypointed. So maybe my hiatus for a month things were updated?

As far as the plugins go you shouldn't have to download anything clientside. People connect with vanilla clients of the appropriate version and the plugins take care of everything server side. Since there's no new actual content added just how things are handled. I would have to do some research as the last time I was admin-anything of a minecraft server it was a factions server back 2-3 years ago. Anything that is a bukkit/SpigotMC plugin should be server-side only and just plug and play with the vanilla clients.

Comment

In my humble opinion and exit is right we obv did not achieve endgame in FTB by any means but once i even got wyvern armor and such only a few pieces and had like 5 quarries running on electrical engines i was just bored like, there was no danger of death anymore no fear and no excitement back when we had that vanilla server going good a tight community all living next to eachother and we did those fun games i think we can bring that feel back better with vanilla and if the community grows maybe go even bigger in my mind I have always thought about a SAO kinda server style where we wor together to beat levels of the game and unlock new areas but that is way far away.

I personally would play way more vanilla than FTB
                          sigpic

Comment

See if I'm playing vanilla I'd rather not have neighbors.. I'd rather fight my neighbors :P

Comment

You dont have to have neighbors, you can be a hermit still. I would like to make the Nether a FULL pvp zone to make it even more deadlier!

Comment

Working...
                              X