Rage-Quit-Inducing Ocelot Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage-Quit-Inducing Ocelot Adventure

So today on the server was basically my "Zoo" day - collect some cows for breeding, collect some ducks for breeding, catch myself a horse, and I even found out I could change a sheep to a magical rainbow sheep by giving it a specific new name. As such, I figured it only made sense to continue the day's theme and catch myself my first Ocelot (I've never even managed to FIND one before, let alone tame one). Thus begins my trek for a Jungle biome.

Forest, Forest, Forest, Taiga, Taiga, Forest, Taiga, Plains, Forest, Forest, Plains, Forest

Mesa - "hey lookie, thought these were the rarest and I managed to find one before my jungle "
    Oh wow even an abandoned mineshaft out in the open in the mesa

Forest, Forest, Plains, Forest, Plains, Forest, Ocean,

Another Mesa -"huh, I've also noticed I haven't even found a regular desert yet. So I've now found TWO mesas before I've found a single desert or jungle. Ok..."

Forest, Plains, Forest, Ocean,

...Mesa..."And another abandoned mineshaft sitting in the open.... wtf game just give me my jungle!"

blah blah blah blah blah
    Ocean - "....and an ocean monument. GG game hates me"
    Keep sailing
    JUUUUNNNNGGGLLLEEEEE! FINALLY found a jungle, now let the hunt for an Ocelot commence!

No Ocelot to be found. Continue to wander around forever and finally find a jungle shrine at least - though there was nothing good in it. Wander around some more - a few minecraft days come and go before I finally get to see my first Ocelot. It sneaks towards me quickly enough, and doesn't run away between taming attempts - it took only 5 fish and a couple of seconds at that point to tame it; SUCCESS!

Now to get back home safely with my new cat:
    Walk, walk, walk, walk, cross a river, walk...."where'd my cat go?"
    Proceed to look around in circles trying to find my cat for a few seconds before a chat message pops up
    "Cat has drowned"
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cry a little, and then tell myself I need to just go find a second one.
    Search for Ocelot, search for Ocelot, search for Ocelot, walk off the edge of a small jungle tree to the floor as I get ready to cross another river....
    "Xephyr11 fell from a high place"
    Throw headset off, sign out, rage quit.

tldr version:
    Travel out 4k blocks, turn 90 degrees, travel 2k blocks before finally finding my jungle - straight line path of nearly 4.5k blocks.
    Found 3 mesas, 2 exposed mineshafts, and an ocean monument before finding my jungle - and never even came across a desert.
    Finally find an ocelot and tame it (my first ever) only for it to drown while crossing a river before I ever get out of the jungle.
    Try searching for a second ocelot only for the game to decide to put a hidden ravine under all the jungle tree-bushes and I fall to my death. 0 reward for all that trouble BibleThump

Update for sanity:

Comment

Oh my... theres a jungle actually by one of the borders, forget which direction lol.

Comment

Of course there would be lol

Comment

gg :P could set up a trade network underground!

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information