Hunger Games 1 Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games 1 Recap

The Hunger Games event went smashingly to start we had a great time fixed a few spots that needed fixing and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly will make it a biweekly or monthly thing we had 4 Winners Me, Taylord, X10Power and Elderfro I would say do the 20$ giftcard for the next one we do . Please guys post your feedback and thoughts here! Do not forget to spread the word and get more people to play!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
    Last edited by CarNage64; 08-27-2016, 07:11 PM.
    sigpic

It was a pretty fun community event, i liked the game as a whole. The maps need a little work so nobody gets stuck again, but they were still pretty great, lots of variety in the environment and different locations to explore and search. Maybe having potions in the random chest loot would add more variety to the game as well.

Comment

Simply thrilling, even after death, when spectating, is amazing. Watching everyone try to hunt each other down as well as getting into hilarious situations. While not all went as planned, it still was a great "team building" scenario. ...and this was only with a few people, imagine the fun with 24+ peeps.

9/10, will recommend to friends & family.

why 9/10? Cause there's always room for improvement

PoV highlight: https://www.twitch.tv/chapdaddy65/v/86098333

Comment

Looked like fun from spectating mode. If you guys do find places on the map that you get stuck make sure to hit F3 and grab the coordinates or screenshot it so we can get it fixed. If there are any items you'd like to see more/less of I can add them just need to know. I'm working on adding potions but the configuration isn't easy to set them up so I'm still working on that. Grace period has been removed so there will no longer be a 'safe' time when starting the game so be prepared next time

Comment

Had a lot of fun with the maps and can definitely see the huge potential with them. I'm especially excited to see what the huge map will be like when finished. The design of the maps were really well done, and the traps add a nice surprise and makes it so that even if you're not engaging someone you still need to keep your guard up. One of my favorite things about the map were the harder or more dangerous places to get to. I never saw if the chests located there were worth it or not (I'd assume they were), but I love the idea of high risk high reward type of challenge. It gives people a reason to explore those areas when they normally wouldn't. The only thing I would change is the grace period I think it builds more tension without it. Of course there are some bugs (like getting stuck in a hole), but that's to expected, still an overall great experience. Keep up the good work guys!!!

Comment

I enjoyed the event a lot more than I thought I would have, the only 2 things

1) I would suggest is taking away the grace period at the start. Just like in the books/movies there is no grace period at the start to get the loot in the middle, it is and or was a risk to do so. (If I am correct though Carnage said this would remedied in the next server reset)

2) I think at a certain time Hositile NPCS should start spawning in(Archers, spiders, zombies, creepers, ghast, zombie pigmen)

2.5) Possibly lava/water and or random fires start coming in on the map

Afroking LoL
            Battletag Elderfro#1453
            STREAM

Comment

Its a good technical start, that was the first time the map was actually played so considering that I think it held up well. Shes working on some of the issues over the weekend and making puzzles less harder since some struggled with the ship one.

Comment

Originally posted by Elderfro View Post
                I enjoyed the event a lot more than I thought I would have, the only 2 things

1) I would suggest is taking away the grace period at the start. Just like in the books/movies there is no grace period at the start to get the loot in the middle, it is and or was a risk to do so. (If I am correct though Carnage said this would remedied in the next server reset)

2) I think at a certain time Hositile NPCS should start spawning in(Archers, spiders, zombies, creepers, ghast, zombie pigmen)

2.5) Possibly lava/water and or random fires start coming in on the map

1. As of what I heard that has already been taken care of and I love the fact you can punch someone into lava in that 8 player match
                2. I think this should be a option that can be voted / toggle on/off so if people don't want mobs they can just attempt to kill each other
                2.5. That can get a bit tricky though I do like the idea depending on the map

I also loved how each map had a set theme to it as well. 1 was Roman / Fantasy (The 8 player map), another was wildlife / sci fi, and the big one was modern and im shock that that they look this good for not even being completed.

Also here is my highlight of all the matches

If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

I had alot fun with this one. I wish i was streaming but not this time. The maps are interesting but to me a hunger game is riddled with traps and dangerous natural things. Wanting the game to be over very quickly is fine but a little boring. I remeber thinking there should be a game master like in the movies. That controlls the weather and creature spawns and stuff.... having the chat vote for players to get gifts replacing the big amounts of chests also feels like it could be interesting.
                  Last edited by RightAsReno; 08-28-2016, 09:40 PM.
                  "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool." (Reno - FFVII)

Comment

i hate you reno
                    sigpic

Comment

thanks for sharing the youtube video x10power.

since the games, kari has fixed alot of the spots and added new puzzles to make a little easier but make you think.

Comment

the full 24 map game

Here was the first play on the 24 player hunger games map. It was not completed yet like the 8/16 map but was a lot of fun. -- Watch live at https://www.twit...
                        Afroking LoL
                        Battletag Elderfro#1453
                        STREAM

Comment

24 player one is no where near complete. still alot to do on that but I have edited the medium one around the ship to make a lot easier for beginners.

Comment

thank you so much kari the maps are great and we will have a fun time in the next one!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X