Review Request of a Couple Newly-Joined Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Request of a Couple Newly-Joined Players

Requesting a review on Georgia_Man5 and iEnder_GT. I jumped on after work January 2nd after the stream had ended and the 3 of us were the only ones online - all at the Midgar build site. I went to pull some stuff from storage and was attacked once by Georgia (one sword swing) but then was left alone. I went up to tend to the farms that someone had left unplanted and while doing that I see in the chat that they're killing each other a couple times. I go to the edge to look down at the cleared area and they're chasing after each other inside Midgar and fighting. I go down to get a better look and ask what they're doing. I'm told "playing tag" and am then attacked again and they say I'm now it. I ignore them and go back to trying to clear out the site. As I'm climbing a ladder I'm shot off with an arrow and fall to my death. I say "You know this is a safe zone for the build site, right?" and they say "huh" and blame a skeleton (I never saw any skeletons nearby).

At this point I pull up OBS and start recording, so I have the next 20 minutes recorded - however I'm not sure if/how to post a video on here, and also apparently the edges are cropped off a bit when playing it back - though you can still see most of chat and get the idea. If you want to see it, is there a way to post it here, or do you want me to just upload to Youtube and link it?
    The summary:
    First minute : showing the chat log
    2:55 - iEnder disappears - dunno if this is something or just a distance-rendering thing, but it didn't SEEM like it woulda been far enough for that
    12:00 - watching their nameplates chasing after/fighting each other
    13:40 - continued fighting INSIDE the midgar safe zone
    14:15 - one of them kills the other
    17:45 - attacked by Georgia while he rides by on a minecart, and then followed up by being killed by him by bow/arrow
    20:00 - both leave simultaneously

You can upload to your youtube channel and post here. This is also more of a support question? I'm not sure what you're requesting exactly besides if they killed you in a pve zone? if its a pve zone the attacks literally won't hit you and go through you.

However this has brought up issues already as iEnder_GT hasn't been noted to be whitelisted yet and someone did. Only ones this could likely be is x10power who whitelisted the other or CarNage64 age64

I will investigate further.

Comment

After further investigation it was x10power

If you can get me the video that would be great, I'll talk to Disenchantment and eXitium if that is an actual safe zone or not.

Comment

Wasn't sure whether to put here in vanilla discussion or server support.
        Always figured the Midgar build zone was a safe zone, considering the chat log when leaving it says something along the lines of "Leaving safe-zone. PvP allowed!"
        Anyways, video being uploaded to youtube now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6WqzCpprQ
        Everything between 20:00 and the end is just me keeping the video going in case they return and checking the whitelisting, so you can ignore that last bit once they signed off.
        Last edited by Xephyr11; 01-04-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I updated regions today, added an expansion to where the farms/storage area is. Re-labeled zones to be more clear, added no pvp flags to both midgar and the farm area.

Original Post: [It was labeled one but the PvP flag was not explicitly set for the region. We haven't had any issues up to this point, I can disable pvp completely in the area if we really have to.]
          Last edited by eXitium; 01-04-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

eXitium I would say wait until Natasha is out of the hospital. She wants to comp whatever Xephyr lost but the two players who were messing around won't get punished/banned or kicked, just a warning about it since they are new to the server and the rules haven't exactly been set besides obvious common senses which falls on us.

They came from x10power stream

Personally I would like to limit against Safezoning everything but we'll see what we can come up with in the next few days, I plan on working on the map this weekend.

Comment

We will be implementing a new system soon for griefing/mistakes/losing items. We'll be able to roll the player affected back instead of the whole server.

The zone is a PvP area as only 1K Squared from the center of the map is the green/safe zone. If we do see a trend of more griefing in this area we may go ahead and add the same safe zone but we don't want to go down that road quite yet.

Comment

Working...
              X