Gamepro011 filing a complaint against GDQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamepro011 filing a complaint against GDQ

Now that the dust has settled with SGDQ 2015, Gamepro011 is taking action over how he was dealt with by SDA (Speed Demos Archive) / GDQ (Games Done Quick) Staff.

Honestly, I feel bad for the next person (if there is one) who actually has that problem and the GDQ staff confronts him, because the way I was dealt with, no one would ever take the offer they gave me because it was too hostile. Will file a complaint about that because, believe it or not, yelling at a person who has a problem to get help only shuts the person out
    Also:

Yep, on every account. Plus first time being 700 miles away from home, first time being away from parents, social anxiety, and fatigue from lack of sleep among other things playing a game I wasn't comfortable playing on a TV with input delay that could have been prevented along with an attempt to commentate better than Roach from AGDQ 2015. Unfortunately, jokes are my go to for relief and I was desperate. There you go. Only serious shit I'll ever say in public. No, I'm not depressed, don't have suicidal or homocidal thoughts. Not autistic or anything. It's just MY kind of humor and I hate formality. I was gonna be myself regardless of where I was because that's who I am. Yes, my jokes were amplified way past where they usually are. Yes, I said shit, but everyone else took me seriously somehow, despite my voice and body language not actually showing any signs of any issues other than mass anxiety and stress. Take this as you will. But at least ONE person was reasonable enough to spot what was actually going on. Good job internet. It took 3 days
    Source:

Good for him, thats what I was thinking too... He traveled so far away to be thrown out on the streets :S

Comment

Wait they actually booted him out on the street even though he most likely paid for a room there as well?

Comment

Yikes that insane that he could of been booted out into the streets...
        If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

glad to hear he came out about this, as I said on stream i woulda given the benefit of the doubt of the entire situation and reached out and figured anxiety stress so much more booting from the event....fucking just urgh
          sigpic

Comment

I am also glad that something was said about this. While The jokes were awkward, that doesn't mean that they were done to be a horrible person. Also, shame on SDA/GDQ if they actually did kcik him out after he paid for a room...

Comment

I just read most of the reddit thread and I was following a lot about this situations since I'm close friends with him. Although he probably should have been aware of the environment that he was in, I don't agree GDQ actions on removing him from the entire event. Not only did they remove him from the event, but had him removed from the hotel and had that man put on the streets...and for what? What some people on twitter said about their event and allowing it to go on? Yeah...they are kinda scum for that but on to my main point, what is filling a complaint about them really going to do unless he has full intentions on taking them to court?

~ Token

Comment

I don't see the complaint doing much because the SDA/GDQ staff just don't care. It's a money game where everyone is replaceable and cliques run the show.

Comment

Working...
                X