Advertisement

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night Any% guide (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night Any% guide (WIP)

(Need to include an in depth guide for Magic Team)

Any% (____Team FinalA Easy)

I know I'm currently the only one who runs this game, but I figured I would put a few tips here for those interested in picking it up.

First, you obviously want to purchase the game. Amazon and (I think) Akiba Hobby sell it for around 34 dollars new. The former is preferred, since it's Prime eligable.

1. In the game options, you want to set the "Player" setting to 7. This will max your life counts during the run. This is useful, because the addition of lives mean you have more bombs to spam during boss fights.

2. If you are having trouble, you may choose to turn SlowMode on for practice purposes. This will drop your framerate in-game during crazy sections.

Making this run as fast as possible

The quickest route in game is FinalA, as you can use continues to increase bomb usage. As the game is time based, remember that while continues progress the game time by 30 minutes, reaching 5AM is an automatic game over.

You do not need to attempt Hourai Elixer at the end of FinalA. Timing ends when either (a) Hourai Elixer is completed, or (b) you die during HE.

Ideally, you will NOT use continues until you fight Eirin in the Final stage, so after the Inaba fight in Stage Five you will need to manually select FinalA (It defaults to FinalB, be careful!)

Last spells are essentially really powerful bombs that come in handy during some spell cards, and are used by hitting your bomb button (x) as soon as you die. However, power comes at a cost. Last spells will consume two bombs, rather than one. You only have a few frames before you lose your life, so practice!

Malice Cannon: Malice Cannon is a "glitch" in the game, which occurs with the Aria of Forbidden Magic Team. Basically, rapidly switching from a focused to unfocused state (Tapping SHIFT to switch between Marisa and Alice) will cause both abilities to be fired off at one, doing twice the damage. This comes in handy during boss fights and for killing off tougher cannon fodder.

The Malice Cannon trick works on all teams, but is most useful in the above scenario. for other teams, it's useful for collecting items in the point of collection (top 20% of the screen) if you haven't maxed out your power yet.

Now, choose which team you want to use. Teams have their own categories. For speed purposes, there are two decent options:

For beginners the best team is probably Border Team, since Yukari and Reimu have smaller hitboxes.
    For intermediate/advanced players Magic Team is the best choice. Malice Cannon helps drop enemies faster, and saves a couple of minutes in a run.

When enemies begin to appear in stage one, use a bomb while unfocused (Reimu or Marisa, if you are using one of the teams above). It will push your meter at the bottom to 100%, and keeping this above 80 will allow you to acquire time points while attacking enemies.

With that said, Wriggle (Stage 1 Boss) is the only boss you do NOT want to spam bombs on, since you actually want to reach the 2000 (easy mode) time points for the stage. Doing so in each stage will only progress your time by 30 minutes instead of an hour, which gives you more continues to use.

My advice for beginners is to use Border Team because of Stage Four. The boss varies depending on who you are playing as, so if you aren't using Border Team you will have to fight Reimu (which is tricky). Using Border Team results in fighting Marisa, who is much easier to take down.

Finally, DONT ATTEMPT HOURAI ELIXER. I tend to move to the center of the screen where Eirin is, so I automatically die. This saves 2-3 minutes on the run.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic Team Any%.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	86006 Click image for larger version

Name:	Border Team Any%.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	86007
    Last edited by ElaineSpencer; 12-01-2013, 11:37 PM. Reason: streamlining
    http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png
Working...