How to safely defeat Midgar Zolom early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to safely defeat Midgar Zolom early

Crossing the marsh without a chocobo is much easier than you think, even though the Midgar Zolom is a big challege upon first doing so. I show you the techniques on how to do so. You do need at least 600 HP to be safe, though 1000 is recommended. It does do about 430 or so damage per action so you'll certainly need to have cure spells at the ready. Plenty of MP is also recommended along with a few phoenix downs in case the snake gets the better of the party. You also must have the "bio" materia, as I show. Just cast bio on the snake to poison it and once poisoned, just don't do anything further to it, even if you have limits active (unless you're daring enough where the snake's HP is getting a bit low (like 1000 (2000 if at a higher level)). If you don't poison the snake before 600 damage is done to it, cast cure on the snake. It seems strange, but if you go too far, then the snake starts will rise up and even use its powerful "beta" attack which, if everyone is present in the party, means a game over (unless you have at least 1300 HP where you'll survive it). If you want this "beta" attack for the "enemy skill" materia, see my "FF7 - how to get the 'beta' enemy skill early" video. This snake is also an easy way build up those limits and quickly for getting those second limits within a level, to meet that 8 uses criteria.

You actually don't need that much HP/Levels. With back row/defend/sadness the damage is reduced greatly and makes it easier to survive its attacks.
    German Final Fantasy runner and router:
    FF6 Glitchless (PAL PSN) 9:08:32 (Version Record)
    FF7 No Slots (PAL PSN) 11:21:07 (Version Record, very outdated)

Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/wypy
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wypy_Speedruns

Comment

Working...
    X