FF7 Help and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF7 Help and Advice

Hello, I am a SpeedRunner and Veteran of this game if anyone has any questions about it or needs help feel free to post here
    sigpic

welcome D:

Comment

how dependant is FF7 speed run on RNG compared to other games? it seems like it would probably be the most RNG depended genre to speed run

Comment

MissFortier FF7 is very RNG dependent every encounter that you wanna escape fun you hope for a quick escape, boss battles you hope for the non trollish attacks, the hard boss battles you hope for non instant kill RNG attacks, world map encounters is entirely random and you cant manipulate it. Midgar zolom skip is awful xD. learning enemy skills everything. If your gonna speedrun the game you have to accept the fact hey im gonna get fucked by RNG almost everyday but there might be that one day where you get fucked a little less hard I hope that answered your question sufficiently and thanks for adding me to follow on stream today <3
        sigpic

Comment

grats on your wr

Comment

the good ol rng gods

Comment

thank you natsumi
              sigpic

Comment

So, I'm planning to try speedrun Midgar on my PC version (Square Enix version) and was wondering if like the route and driving (for step manipulation) and some of the glitches as shown on Carnage64's tutorial video on twitch are the same for the PC version?

Comment

yes its the same
                  sigpic

Comment

Carnage64 great to know you are seeking people out who wants some help in FF7. When I actually start learning the route (For fun of course) I will be posting here. Also if I find out anything interesting I will let you know if it will consistently save you time.
                    If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

ok cool power
                      sigpic

Comment

Its true that RNG is a factor in an FF7 speedrun but its not as much of a factor as in FF6 or FF9. FF7 is very execution heavy. And its quite a good game for casual speedrunning.
                        German Final Fantasy runner and router:
                        FF6 Glitchless (PAL PSN) 9:08:32 (Version Record)
                        FF7 No Slots (PAL PSN) 11:21:07 (Version Record, very outdated)

Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/wypy
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wypy_Speedruns

Comment

Working...
                        X