• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Raisers Marathon [December 16 - 18]

More Info: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/co...mber_marathon/

Retro Raisers Marathon
    December 16 - 18

​​​​​​​
    Retro Raisers is putting on a speedrunning marathon next month between Dec. 16th and 18th, and we're looking for speedrunners to participate! The marathon is entirely online, so it is not required to travel to the event or anything.

The marathon is benefiting the Baan Unrak Children's Home near the eastern border of in Thailand. A group of English-speaking teachers in Japan goes on a trip to the children's home as well as donating a bit of money to them. I'm unable to go on the actual trip, but figured it would be a good cause to try and get donations for. More information is available in the link itself, but essentially the place has over 100 kids (and single mothers) living there, many of them survivors of a recent genocide in Myanmar.

No real requirements, aside from basic etiquette. We'd prefer to try to and keep super long RPG runs (read: more than 3-4 hours) out of it, but since it's a 24 hour marathon that might not be possible. However, we do have people both stateside and me in Japan to run things, so I feel like we can have a bit bigger of a wide range of runs this time around.

If you haven't heard of us (Retro Raisers), we've done several charity marathons in the past including one for Able Gamer and the American Society for Suicide Prevention. We've raised several thousand dollars doing so.

Also, if any of you have any prizes (sprite perlers, Steam game keys, etc) you'd like to donate instead, that would also be very much appreciated. Contact me for details in that case.

Any help in the marathon would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Working...
X