Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Start a Community Night!

Disclaimer this is not the true meaning behind Lzhtv
    (Disclaimer: This is not the true meaning of LZHTV)
    Hello everyone, x10power here with some great news!

What is this great news?
    That I am going to start a weekly race / community night for all of us Lzhtv members which will be consist of at least 1 random game each week.

How long will these races be?
    Ideal for me would be anything less than 5 hours for a blindish run but it the crowd is up for a longer game than we shall have a longer game.

When will we learn of the game being raced?
    I would like to give you at least 5 days to look up tips and ideas to make your playthough more enjoyable or you can go in completely blind basically whatever will float your boat.

How many people are needed for each week?
    Well since it will be impossible to have each week having everyone able to attend due to multiple reasons we will need at least 3 of us in the race.

How will the games be selected?
    Games will be determine by random in a un-determined way at the moment need to iron out some ideas I am having to do this.

Who can participate?
    Anyone this is just to bring people together and have a good time!

Will it be races every single week
    Not all of the time like sometime it can be a casual Minecraft time, Starcraft II, League of Legends, or other various games.

When will this officially start?
    I personally want to start this idea this month but I may push it till January

What do we do till than?
    Help me plan and create ideas of stuff we can do as a community. Also please voice your own ideas in this thread. One last thing let me know you are interested by posting in this thread saying that you are!!!!
    Last edited by x10power; 12-06-2013, 07:09 PM.
    If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

I'm not sure how you will set a timeframe for game selections, but if we have a weekly game night, I suggest creating a game list for the next couple of months. This will allow some people to consider picking up the game and practicing.

Comment

Yeah that my current plan just thinking of games that would bring people in
      If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

lemme know day and time and ill try

Comment

Moved to events forum,

Seems like a good idea though. I'd be game. This would also be a good way to do some giveaways.
          Personal Bests
          Ocarina of Time
          MST-J - 2:35:15
          Any%-J - 23:30
          No RBA/WW-J - 1:44:16
          100%-J - 6:58:09

Majoras Mask
          Any% (English) - 2:24:29

Grand Theft Auto III
          Any% - 1:49:22

sigpic

Comment

I would be on board to participate, depending on what my computer can run~
            http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png

Comment

I would join in on this .
              Current PB(s):
              Quake (PC) Episode 1 Easy : 4:65.0
              DooM (PC) Episode 1 ITYTD : 6:58.5
              FC3:Blood Dragon : Easy any% : 1:26:47

Check me out @ www.twitch.tv/blackchaosx12 , I stream sundays and mondays .

Comment

I'd love to join in. Sounds like an awesome idea
                Neverwinter Nights SS WR holder: 1:54:38
                Diablo 2 PB: 3:05:40

Comment

I am not big on races due to some... personality quirks I have

However if we can get this set up I will see what I can do about getting people to get the word out.

Comment

Well not every night has to be a race some nights it could be Starcraft II, Dota 2, Lols, Minecraft, and what ever everyone else can chime in!

Comment

Well, and this is a half-suggestion because I haven't thought it through as of yet, but what if we broke it into four categories (ie "races" "moba" "minecraft" "example 4") and choose a day of the week to host the community night. Then, we do one of the four categories each week.

For example, let's say we decide to host Community Night on Wednesdays. The first Wednesday of the month you'd do races, the second would be LoL (or just MOBAs in general), and so on.

Or does that only make sense in my head?
                      http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png

Comment

I guess for me what I mean is that there is a difference in the... mood and mentality between competing against your time, and competing against people in real time... if that makes sense.

So to build on Elaine's idea perhaps we could do as one of those categories a sort of "community showcase", out of those interested we randomly select some members whose game choices fit the time restraints... and just showcase them... maybe with commentary from other members to build on the community theme.

Comment

Regardless of what the community nights involve. I'd definitely be interested in some shape or form.

Sounds like a good idea!

Comment

Different Game type each week sounds like a great idea I think it be best to start with something everyone has access to and then from their make it grow.

Comment

Building on that idea what do you think of this X10

Week 1 we do races, Week 3 we could try the Community Showcase if you agree on that idea... that ensures both happen every month. It leaves 1-3 "community nights" depending on the day we choose and where it falls on the month. From there we can actually come up with several catagories and change it up each month... it would give a static expectation, let us hype games via races, let us showcase members, and still allow for that wild card feel to keep people interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X