Diddy Kong Racing [Time: 4:09.25] by Swordless Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diddy Kong Racing [Time: 4:09.25] by Swordless Link

Follow me on TwitchTV for live video game streaming! http://twitch.tv/swordlesslink

***READ BEFORE WATCING***

This tool-assisted speedrun, by Swordless Link (me), beats Diddy Kong Racing on N64 in as little a time as possible. It does this by abusing a new glitch which lets the player warp onto the overworld while in 2-player mode, and allows them quick access to the final Wizpig race.

The glitch requires another file, which has already beaten the game, to be on the game pak. The new file will draw certain things from this file once the glitch is performed. Going into 2P mode and choosing Hot Top Volcano after opening the new file means that the player can perform an out of bounds glitch there, which means a small loading zone near the finishing line (but only accessible from outside) can be hit, which warps the player onto the overworld, still in 2P mode.

From here, both players can be controlled to do the same thing, so whichever player is in a better spot for each section is used to get there quickest.

This means that we can get into Future Fun Land (which is already available since the game drew that from the completed file, despite still actually being the file that was started at the beginning of the run (see: the fact that it has 0 balloons and that no other file was chosen except that one)), and since you're never normally supposed to have a plane in here, you can fly over the top of the door and into the Wizpig race.

Because it's still in 2P mode, there's a long waiting period before the race actually starts. A similar out of bounds glitch to the one used in Hot Top Volcano is used here to quickly finish this race. After the race is done, the ending sequences plays, still in 2P mode.

If you're wondering why Drumstick was chosen instead of T.T., it's because Drumstick is actually faster than T.T. in the plane, just not in other vehicles.

---

With many thanks to Toufool31, Fasch, Stacy, 0xwas, and malkieriking for critiquing my WIPs and helping to break this game to the point it's at today.

This is a tool-assisted run, played on an emulator, using frame-by-frame shooting, slowdown, savestates, and rerecords. It is not designed to show skill, but rather the game pushed to its limits, and it is purely a form of entertainment.

This run was made by me, and should not be uploaded without first getting my permission.

Nicovideo users: Please link all uploads back to this original. Thank you!
    ニコニコ動画ユーザーへ:転載の際だ¯å¿…ずこの動画へのリンクをお願い致㠁—ます。
Working...
X