• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario Bros 2 Snes TAS in 9:03.92

Tool-assisted
    Frames: 32634
    Rerecords: 5014

Played on Japanese All-Stars because it takes less time in the opening screen of the game. I suggest using this version if you want to do a speedrun of a game on this game.

I really like the run, best run of this version of the game I've seen. I can't possibly get this as fast as the nes version because there are different glitches in that version.

I really like the shell break in the first level. The other way of skipping the normal door was annoying and took too long, and this saved a couple hundred frames.

I also like the use of the key instead of birdo's eggs in level 2. I didn't actually find this little break, but I have no idea where the original video that found it was. Anywho, this saved around 200 frames.

In other runs, people found out that you can jump off a vine/ladder by moving towards the wall and jumping at the frame the player falls off the vine. I don't see how people missed the fact that you can do it without a wall the exact same way.

When you are doing a normal run while holding the run button, you get a speed of 36. If you grab an enemy while playing as toad, that increases to 43. I couldn't use him in a few levels/wouldn't make a difference, so I just played as luigi.

This is pretty insane. Wish it was this easy to run the game
    If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

considering the console and how old, the graphics is nice

Comment

Working...
      X