X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monk Solo's Ko'ragh Normal

Monk ( Wannoob79 ) Solo's Ko'ragh Normal

His comments about the encounter:

Ironically, this was my last attempt for today - since I cannot afford to try this boss without the daily Mastery buff thanks to my gear.

To cover the description of this boss, Ko'ragh is MAINLY a DPScheck. However, it's also a Survivalcheck to some extent.
    Moreover, there's a very very very... delicate balance between DPS and Survival, and in that sense, if Ko'ragh is mainly a DPScheck, it is probably one - if not the - of the most interesting DPScheck I've ever done.
    Consequently, Ko'ragh is an INTELLIGENT DPScheck (I should underline it, it's so rare when it occurs ).

Regarding my progress on this boss:
    107 wipes. Truth is that 1/3 of them isn't that relevant since I've started attempting the boss with 708 ilvl. Clearly, the enrage seemed impossible to beat without full Mythic BiS gear - or almost - in a first time.
    I was wrong.
    The first thing I tried to do - seeing rapidly that the enrage occurred with roughly 35% HPs of the boss remaining with the right Talents - was to attempt surviving the enrage of the boss. Don't ask me HOW - cuz I WON'T say that I used Soul Dance *urghlll* - but I managed to survive the enrage thanks to the help of Mionee and his TC (a BIG Thanks to him :3).
    Resulted one of the biggest joke of the History of the Soloing in WoW: When you manage to survive the Exterminate, the boss casts an other Exterminate 7 seconds after the first one (LIKE WHO'S THE TRAINEE WHO MADE THIS BOSS??!). It ended in a failure. :c

DPScheck:
    I don't recall having done that much TC in the past. I tried more or less every possible combinations of trinkets, of timing on the CDs, of positionings... and it ended up with surprising results. 2 weeks ago, I managed to put the boss until 24%. One week ago until 13%. At this point, it was obvious that the Monk buffs from 6.2.2 was necessary to make this insane DPScheck possible.
    And it was so tight!!!
    Stacking 4-5hours of Mastery buff, I ended up wiping endlessly yesterday: 5%-4%-3%-2%-1%-FB delay 2 secs + TOD = would have been the kill...
    And I knew the boss wouldn't pass without a good RNG. I made assumptions during the attempts, playing Poker by pushing my Chi points until the limit of the proc timer in order to overlap the KS/BK on both Anzu and Tiger Strikes procs. I tried so hard to find the perfect balance between EH and Guard in order to avoid doing too much physical damages with EH for not pushing the boss too early, but not too late also (the point when you're doing too much EH and thus not enough physical damages)...
    And the border between Survival and DPS is so close and weird at the same time. For instance, you don't want your health to be low in order to not use EH, but rather to use EB the most properly as possible to avoid using Guard to keep more Chi, or simply to avoid using EH under a very decent Resolve cap, reason why I sometimes go into the Arcane debuff under DM...
    I'm not speaking about the restrictions of positioning because of the MotB trinket ;_;.

And I'm not even mentioning the Survival. At the end, only 1/4 attempts were good enough to reach the enrage. Since they're so many ways to faiiiiiiil :x.
    But this is a secret, and you have to attempt this boss to understand what I mean .

The fight ended with less than a second before the Berserk (9m30) and 2 seconds before my Death (Exterminate cast).
    If the boss isn't pushed into Intermission, the Berserk is 9m.
    9m30 if the boss goes into intermission.

ilvl: 713.

Music:
    近代的自由、現代的孤高。 - さかばと (Sound skt)
    聖徳伝説でメタルっぽい何か - O-life Japan
Working...
X