Favorite Video Game Inspired Anime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Video Game Inspired Anime?

We use to have on TV the olddddddddd street fighter anime and it was pretty cool although the animation was old school like 1980s-1990s.

How about you guys? what game animes stood out for you?

I actually ran into a Tekken Anime movie i really enjoyed.

Comment

I forgot about that one, remember the old live action mario that turned into a cartoon afterwards?

Comment

damn right im bringing out mega man!

Comment

The Ar Tonelico OVA was freaking epic.

Just dat soundtrack
          and AR Tonelico in general
          http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png

Comment

I agree with Elaine about Ar Tonelico (And not just because I kind of got her into Ar Tonelico either)

But I also would have to throw out an instance of a Manga Ka making a video game first, then doing an anime version... because I rather liked Gungrave.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampylle View Post
              But I also would have to throw out an instance of a Manga Ka making a video game first, then doing an anime version... because I rather liked Gungrave.
              I completely spaced Gungrave D:

Gungrave too amazing!
              http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png

Comment

Devil May Cry. Dante was done in spectacular style.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperRajio View Post
                  Devil May Cry. Dante was done in spectacular style.
                  I thought they went a bit more off script than was needed but yeah overall that was a good one.

Comment

This one is a little obscure because the anime was never localized outside of Japan and it's 20+ years old now, but there's a games called "Magical Taruruuto-Kun" that came out for the Genesis in the early 90's and I loved it so much I actually imported it. It's nice to be a magical boy for a change! I can relate that that a little better. It almost feels like a precursor to Magical Pop'n, but a little sillier.

Sorry to get a little off topic here, but if you haven't played Magical Pop'n you should give it a shot. A legitimate imported copy runs about $250 T~T. It never was localized outside of Japan either unfortunately. I assume because it out at the tail end of the SNES life cycle and the N64 was right around the corner. I have been seeing some American bootleg carts floating around Amazon and Ebay though for $50ish if you're into that. Otherwise there's always that other route you could take. But truly that it's on par with DKC2 which I think is saying a lot.

Comment

Donkey Kong The Animation. Bahaha that was a riot when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X