Been into VR MMORPG Anime recently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been into VR MMORPG Anime recently.

Been watching a lot of the virtual reality MMORPG animes recently and am really enjoying them. Just finished watching Sword Art Online, Accel World and am halfway through Log Horizon. After that, I'll start watching the .hack series. Really interesting concept to me and wish there was a 2nd season of Accel World. Anyone else seen any of these?

I watched log horizon and Sword art online and enjoyed them :3 cant wait for log horizon season 2

Comment

Another one I know of off the top of my head...

No Game No Life

Haven't seen it myself, heard some good stuff. Kind of falls in the vein (or close to it) of VR MMORPGs

Comment

I'm happy you're deciding to go with the .hack// series. I have trouble finding people who have watched it. It seems to be lost these days with SAO being quite popular.

Idk how far you've gotten but make sure to watch .hack// signs, then roots and then the .hack// GU movie. If possible (if you really liked it) play the 3 disc .hack// GU games for the ps2. You could probably emulate them if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by 77remix View Post
          I'm happy you're deciding to go with the .hack// series. I have trouble finding people who have watched it. It seems to be lost these days with SAO being quite popular.

Idk how far you've gotten but make sure to watch .hack// signs, then roots and then the .hack// GU movie. If possible (if you really liked it) play the 3 disc .hack// GU games for the ps2. You could probably emulate them if you wanted to.
          Definitely this. I unfortunately never finished //sign but watched quite a bit of it on Toonami (I think?) back in middle school.

is Accel World any good, by the way?
          http://raptr.com/badge/ElaineSpencer/fss.png

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineSpencer View Post
            Definitely this. I unfortunately never finished //sign but watched quite a bit of it on Toonami (I think?) back in middle school.

Finish .hack// sign. THAT'S AN ORDER SwiftRage

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineSpencer View Post
              I liked Accel World a lot, the only problem is that the main character is very annoying.

Comment

Accel World sounds like I should add this to my list of anime to watch one day. I watched SAO and loved the first season but I felt the second season was a bit cheesy/weird at times with the real life scenarios.
                Afroking LoL
                Battletag Elderfro#1453
                STREAM

Comment

Originally posted by 77remix View Post
                  watch .hack// signs, then roots and then the .hack// GU movie.
                  What about Legend of the Twilight, Liminality and Quantum? Gonna start watching .hack//Sign now.

Comment

Definitely check out Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars. A great movie with awesome visuals and a heart-warming story. I also recommend you watch Satoshi Kon's Paprika. It's a personal fave of mine, although it has nothing to do with MMOs. It's more about the human pschye where the main character dives into the minds of her patients - similar to Inception. Lots of WTF moments. Think of Paprika as a human/biological MMO?

A series I really enjoyed was Welcome to the NHK, but there's only one arc where the main character delves into an MMO. Great anime though; it was pretty realistic, I felt.

One more I can think of is Serial Experiments Lain. This one is a tad odd, but I really enjoyed it. It's about a young girl who takes an interest in computers and the Web, so much that eventually the line between Web and reality begin to blur. Highly recommend it; great atmosphere - there's no music in the show (except the opening), and you'll mostly hear the sounds of the environment. A very, deep show.

Comment

Nice, thanks Pliskin! I'll check those ones out after I finish .hack.

Comment

Working...
                      X