Need a New Anime/Manga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a New Anime/Manga?

I wanted to use this thread to try to help those who are looking for an anime to watch/manga to read but are uncertain of what to choose. People can share their favorites or ones that they didn't really enjoy that much. However, if you enjoyed it or didn't, please share what it was you did or didn't like. Don't just say "it was awful" because that is just a matter of opinion. State "oh, it involved pirates and I don't really care about pirates" or "the story line confused me and I didn't understand what was going on". That gives a little bit more information about the piece and it helps others understand certain things about it.

Feel free to ask others questions if you don't understand what they mean And also recommend shows/manga that are similar to ones they've enjoyed but haven't looked at yet. But please no arguing of which is better and why someone didn't like something. Everyone has their own taste, remember that!

I hope this thread helpful for those looking for a new bit of entertainment! I will start it off with a few I've seen and liked/haven't liked.

InuYasha - I really enjoyed the story line for this anime. I never got the chance to read the manga but I prefer anime to manga, in all honesty. InuYasha had action and romance with a lot of comedic attributes. As a girl, I like the romance side. However, there is not a lot of romance and more action and comedy. It was really good.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Another one I really enjoyed. A lot of action and comedy and it was kind of a drama, too, and kept me on the edge of my seat sometimes. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't been able to see it.

Death Note - I honestly preferred the manga to the anime. The manga just seemed more pressing and entertaining. I never actually saw all the episodes because it wasn't as interesting as the manga.

Naruto - I watched some episodes. The story line was good but it kept being interrupted by fillers and so I lost interest and haven't really seen anything since a certain point.

Clannad - This one has a habit of getting a bad rap. Yes, it's a romance. Yes, it's sad. Yes, there's not really much action. But it was super hard for me to pull away from. I really felt like I connected with the characters and it really pulled at my heartstrings. If you can handle crying and being emotionally attached to a character/anime, I would highly suggest Clannad.

Alright, everyone, that's just a few I've watched. Share yours and please be respectful of others! Have fun!

Firstly, welcome to the LZH community, I hope you will enjoy your time here!

Hajime No Ippo- Anime about boxing and a young man who is bullied in school gaining his self esteem and finding his calling. The animations during fights are fairly accurate to real boxing (a little exaggerated), and the storyline, albeit sometime childish, is interesting to follow. 8/10.

Gungrave- Sci-fi meets Goodfellas, the first episode will cause most people to put it on the backburner, but from episode 2 to the end the anime is amazing. Made by the people who brought you Trigun, it follows a similar plot development, moving fast through the storyline, but still gives characters depth. I would go into more detail but I dont want to spoil the story. Anime contains Sci-fi elements along with a good old fashioned gangster/mafia story. 8/10

Dragon Ball Z- Come on, action lots of yelling, explosions, training, fighting and aliens. I personally grew up on this show so to me I give it a 10/10 but it's probably more realistically a 6/10
    Todd C.
    Twitch.Tv/TheonecalledTodd

My personal bests (PB Tracker)

Comment

Summer Amine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	summer-2014-v4-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	84538

Comment

Working...