Whats your PC Care System Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your PC Care System Setup?

Just curious on what people use to maintenance their PCs?

I use AVG for anti virus and Malwarebytes for the other stuff then classic defrag/system clean up

should I change things up to make my PC better and secure?

Im pretty sure AVG is the best free anti virus software out there.

Comment

I use just the default for everything that comes with Windows 10.
      If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

I use a combination of Avast, Malwarebytes and Spybot, coupled with a regular image back-up of my pc made by arcronis true image just in case the worst happens.

As for AVG being the best the opinion tends to go back and forth between that and avast so it's a bit of preference that decides it in the end.

Comment

Is a firewall useless these days because I don't believe AVG has the free version enabled LionOrphenoc

Comment

yes and no, a software firewall can be useful for blocking certain programs calling home but the one built into windows can work fine for that, not to mention when it comes to inbound stuff your router has one as well so it's not as big of a deal as it was in the past.

Comment

I use AVG and Malwarebytes, never heard of spybot, will have to check it out later. Seems like its just an AV+Spyware thing though which AVG and Malwarebytes should be doing already?

Comment

It also adds in some passive protection for a fair few things as well that neither of those touch

Comment

You'll be fine with AVG and Malwarebytes alone and then Windows system tools.

Comment

Working...
                  X