Windows 10 -- Privacy & Forced Downloads Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 -- Privacy & Forced Downloads Concerns

I been relooking at windows 10 but i still see theres a lot of issues, if not mroe about their privacy issues and forced updates. Is it still really bad or is it just paranoia?

They will be doing the same with Windows 7 and 8 soon policy wise.

Comment

Pretty sure the updates can be turned off. I have them off at the very least. The privacy stuff I'm not sure about but I don't do much on my PC.

Maybe jasonrm or LionOrphenoc may know a little more?

Comment

Honestly if you use any kind of Google account or Facebook or even use a cell phone in general then you're already less 'private' than you think and much less so than anything Windows 10 would be doing to you. Most of the things you'll read are paranoia similar to when people realized that apps on your phone "require access to your camera, contact list, ability to make phone calls" etc that are mostly basic functions needed for the apps to run. The updates for windows 10 have not given me any issues and I've had it since pre-release.

Take with it what you will...

Comment

From what I know of the privacy issues, technically it's meant to be more secure on the data front as all the aps/programs have to request from one source rather than gathering it themselves but I'm kinda expecting a security breach regarding it at some point. But yeah it's nothing google/facebook won't already have potentially at the moment, especially with android.

Comment

Mostly people that complain about that are Torrenters no? eXitium LionOrphenoc

Comment

Pretty much people who have reason to be paranoid and frankly if they're smart it's not an issue as they encrypt their traffic any way, it's pretty much a case of companies being open about the data they've been gathering for years.

Comment

Working...
              X