AMD vs Nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD vs Nvidia

I started playing a lot more graphical games and with running multiple monitors my frame rate gets split three ways. I'm looking to get two top of the line video cards to be able to crossfire with.

so what is the better brand and most powerful to date. Costs are not an issue!

As far as I know, AMD utilizes stream processing units and NVidia uses cuda cores. Cuda cores show better performance with games like Arkham Asylum (a game made for NVidia cards), Adobe programs like Photoshop, and related software. My suggestion is to go for AMD brand

Comment

Nvidia has shown to be more powerful but with the upcoming AMD GPU's they're looking stronger. I'd say wait for the new AMD cards and pick one or two up
      http://steamsignature.com/profile/de...7976240074.png

Comment

AMD is generally more cost-effective, but Nvidia is, IMO, more efficient and may be worth the money if you have it.

But I've been an AMD fan for a long time.

Basically, if money is no object, go Nvidia.

Comment

I personally go with AMD since I do a lot of graphic work for myself and run photoshop a lot in the background.
          If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

i love nvidia because of digital vibrance and other things but mostly digital vibrance but since its me endorsing nvidia youll prolly wanna go with AMD xD
            sigpic

Comment

If money is not an object then go NVidia and get a classified series so you can safely overclock when you're playing games that really push the envelope. Get at least 2 if you're multi-screening and get ready to spend around $1200. Have fun!!!
              An army of donkeys led by a lion will always defeat and army of lions led by a donkey

Comment

Personally i love the Nvidia Cards i have had problems with the AMD series before in the past, they always have crapped out on me after a few months and had to get them replaced, could just be my bad luck tho.
                Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                sigpic

Comment

AMD cards are really good for Multimonitor and OpenCL programs,While nivida Has Cuda Cores and are good with adobe products.You can get PhysX on AMD cards it just uses the CPU

Comment

Working...
                  X