Building a PC? - Budget, build guides and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a PC? - Budget, build guides and more

As someone who has built several PCs over the years with great success, I would love to help people figure out what to build, how to build it and give tips, lists of parts to buy and tricks.

Post your budget, intent of use for the computer (Gaming, graphic design, etc...) and whether you want AMD or Intel, and I will provide you with build guides that match your budget and give tips on how to build it properly.

Anyone else who has experience, let's help the community!

I actually would like to build a new PC. The parts I had picked out for it aren't exactly cost effective (the rig is calculated at over $1200 approx.)

Here is the parts list I was looking at. I wanted to make a pc for streaming (console and PC), possibly some software dev, animating (learning to program and make games myself).

I know I am a new guy on the forums but its a good site I use just as a reference to learn and get ideas from other people who have built from there.

I would like to go under the $900 mark but realistically I know that will be hard to do. My current rig is HORRIBLE. Decent for WoW at low settings. I am using an nVidia 9500gt for goodness sake...
    Last edited by Taichee; 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taichee View Post
      I actually would like to build a new PC. The parts I had picked out for it aren't exactly cost effective (the rig is calculated at over $1200 approx.)

Here is the parts list I was looking at. I wanted to make a pc for streaming (console and PC), possibly some software dev, animating (learning to program and make games myself).

I know I am a new guy on the forums but its a good site I use just as a reference to learn and get ideas from other people who have built from there.

I would like to go under the $900 mark but realistically I know that will be hard to do. My current rig is HORRIBLE. Decent for WoW at low settings. I am using an nVidia 9500gt for goodness sake...
      Your parts list is private currently, Make it public and we can help you out.
      Personal Bests
      Ocarina of Time
      MST-J - 2:35:15
      Any%-J - 23:30
      No RBA/WW-J - 1:44:16
      100%-J - 6:58:09

Majoras Mask
      Any% (English) - 2:24:29

Grand Theft Auto III
      Any% - 1:49:22

sigpic

Comment

Ok done. Sorry about that.

Comment

Here is a list of computer parts that I'm getting if you don't want to use intel parts http://www.tigerdirect.ca/sectors/wi...dds%20Computer
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X