PVR/HD Capture Cards Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVR/HD Capture Cards Info

I Couldn't find a thread on this so i wanted to get info from the people who stream/Speedrun on what PVR's And or Capture cards they use to stream i have gotten some advice From a few people but i would like to widen my options before i go out and buy one.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    sigpic

It depends what kind of system you're looking to stream from. I, for instance, stream mainly content from either my PC, PS3, or Wii U, so I have a HDMI based capture card, the Elgato Game Capture HD. It's a pretty penny, though, but the quality is fantastic. If you're looking to stream from something like a PS2, or any standard definition device, then there are plenty of capture cards available that are cheap as chips, too, that produce a quality equal to that of the output!

Comment

If you play older consoles I recommend a dazzle. That's what I use for all my streams, now any game that was built with HD in mind will make the game look uglier in SD.

Dazzle has audio support in OBS, on xsplit you have to use a workaround method to get the audio like using VAC or a USB Sound adapter.
      Wario Land 4 - 59:49
      Virtual Boy Wario Land Any% - 23:22
      Wario World any% WR - 48:40

Comment

Thank you all so much for the info, Just got enough money to buy all the stuff i need for stream.
        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
        sigpic

Comment

Can't go wrong with a hauppage HD PVR from what I'm told.

Comment

I have two Hauppauge HD PVR's once component and the other is HDMI and I have no problems with either.
            If you get at least the amount you put into it then go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you don't do it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	desk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	83722

Comment

I have the HDPVR2 so far I don't have any problems with it. Although it does have a random power cycle which I fixed. So I'm guessing something is bugged in my program or in the Twitch servers. I was speed running Kingdom Hearts and my whole stream just crashed and I was forced to restart my stream.

Comment

The Happauge isn't very elegant if you're using OBS though. Once the OBS team figures out how to grab video directly from the HDPVR2 it'll be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X