Looking for a decent Gaming/Mechanical Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a decent Gaming/Mechanical Keyboard

Hey guys, it's my birthday in about a month and a half, and I'd like to get myself a Mechanical Keyboard and a decent gaming mouse. Probably just going to get the one, and I've picked out which mouse I want, so I just wanted to look into getting a Keyboard. Probably not for my birthday but eventually.

I don't know much about Mechanical Keyboards, so I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what type of keyboard is best? I was looking originally at WASDs, as they seem to be quite good (I'm not the best gamer in the world, so it's not like I need the absolute best) and also because colours. However, I'm based in the UK, and since WASD are US based, that becomes a shipping and tax nightmare (i.e. double in price just in tax...) so if I can get them in the UK, all the better!

Price isn't the biggest deal in the world, but if it turns out to be stupidly high compared to a really good one for much cheaper, I'm going to go with the cheaper one. :P

I use a Razer: Blackwidow Ultimate. I really like it. How-ever razer is was never known for being cheap. It costed me around 120$ USD.

^ That one i've heard a lot of great things about.
    sigpic

Comment

i was about to say the blackwidow too

Comment

That was one of the ones I was looking at, actually! Although I am tempted by the SteelSeries Apex... Anyone got recommendations?

Comment

Razer Blackwidow one of the best out there on the market atm.

also look at.

Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard *really cheap but cant remember if its mechanical or not its only around 45$ i know alot of people who use it though*
          Last edited by Frostblitz20; 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM.
          Endure, Adapt, Overcome sigpic

Comment

I just bought a Corsair K70 with Cherry Reds from my leftover money for college and I would say its a better keyboard than anything I've owned, and I've owned SS, Logitech, Razer, and a few other brands. I'd say get this if you have the money
            Buy Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Red LED - Cherry MX Red Switches with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

you'll need to look it up for the uk but you get it
            http://steamsignature.com/profile/de...7976240074.png

Comment

i've heard nothing but good things about corsair lately.

Comment

The Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z Blue Switch Illuminated Keyboard (KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01) is a pretty cheap and nice mechanical keyboard. I enjoy it and for the price it seems worth it to me. Much cheaper than say, a Blackwidow Ultimate.

Comment

The Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard Catalog. Shop from thousands of Keyboards, Switches, Keycaps, DIY parts, Accessories, Mice, and more.

I recommend Ducky keyboards.

Comment

I have Ducky Shine 3 cherry mx red switches and AULA Ghost Shark gaming mouse.

Honestly I get them for the swag and pretty colors, but the performance is realllly good as well.

Comment

I have a DS3 Cherry MX green switches.
                      Click click click mother fuckers. IIRC green is the second loudest switches out there.

Comment

Click. Click. Click.

Comment

Working...
                        X