Using your PS3/Xbox360 Controller for your PC Games/Emulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using your PS3/Xbox360 Controller for your PC Games/Emulators

1. Download motionjoys ds3 tool ( http://www.motioninjoy.com/download ). Make sure to read direction on site and download the version for you OS.

2. Plug in your ps3 controller using the usb. Make sure you plug it into the usb port you plan on always plugging it into. The computer should say its installing the driver. Let it do its thing.

3. Intall & open the d3tool.

4. Click on where it says load driver (or it might be install driver). The ds3tool will install its own drivers.

5. Click on where it says xbox emulation and then next to it where it says options.

6. There should be a row listing the xbox buttons and next to it a row listing ps3 buttons. Click on top of the ps3 row where it says ps3/dualshock and then select xbox. There should now be two xbox rows listing the same buttons.

7. Click on enable and exit.

A Video Guide from Youtube:

For the record, even following the instructions a lot of computers will have problems with motionjoy. The drivers that install are known to cause a lot of problems for people. Instead I recommend buying a cheap converter for PS2 to USB. Here is what I use... it is just wonderful: http://www.tmart.com/USB-to-PC-Contr...FYiY4AodA3sAWg. (For the record I tried motionjoy and had tons of problems)

Comment

i never had an issue doing this. PS3 controller works like a charm, 0 issues.

Comment

I've seen it crash computers, blue screen, make it so keyboards and mice don't work... just keep in mind, motionjoy can cause issues and you are MUCH better off buying a cheap converter that doesn't screw with your system. Just google "Motionjoy problems"

Comment

I got no issues doing this as well, I would almost assume who ever is having issues aren't doing it properly or using it properly.

reading google as you said shows people who can't follow instructions and fan boys. for example someone said oh ads are bad, boo china, never works, etc

Diebuster
          (01-26-2013, 01:01 AM)
          The UI is ugly, but I've used the drivers for years with zero problems.

Rm88~
          (01-26-2013, 01:01 AM)
          I've never gotten pop-ups, and I can use it offline thanks to a mod. So it's okay, really.

injurai
          Banned
          (01-26-2013, 01:03 AM)
          It's ugly but has worked flawlessly for me. It has some pretty solid PCSX2 plugins as well.

and I find this funny http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gene...ionjoy-556535/

#1 Posted by bwmcmaste (820 posts) - 1 year, 1 month ago

Hey Bombers,

I'd like to set up my PS3 controller on my PC, but I'd like to know if there is an alternative to the MotionJoy DS3 tool. I set up the DS3 tool a while ago and it worked great, but it fucked up my drivers something fierce. I've scoured Google, but I've yet to find a reasonable alternative to the MotionJoy application.

Any ideas?

MonetaryDread
          Follow
          Send PM

Forum Posts: 1640
          Wiki Points: 48
          Followed by: 25
          Reviews: 0 Lists: 2

#2 Posted by MonetaryDread (1640 posts) - 1 year, 1 month ago

No. I am not aware of anything other than MotionJoy DS3. Though if it fucked up anything on your computer, it isn't MotionJoy's fault. There must be something else wrong with your computer. How long has it been since you formatted your hard-drive and reinstalled everything fresh?

Comment

no issues on my end
            sigpic

Comment

It messed with my computer as well as the computer of a friend who installed it. Btw, I have a pretty decent technical/follow instructions ability.

Comment

You also have a low end computer according to your previous guide about streaming. Perhaps that is the actual issue. I ran this and been playing around on some Emulators and had no issues here.

Comment

I couldn't see my computer specs being the issue, though the friend who tried installing it did also have a low end computer.

Comment

For some of those going next gen it also bears mentioning that the new Dual Shock 4 is actually plug and play for Windows. Meaning with the simple addition of a USB to Micro USB cable it can be converted to a controller for emulators as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X