LZH tabletop RPG group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LZH tabletop RPG group

I know several people either already play, or are interested in playing rpg dice rolling board games. So anyone that's interested in grouping up and playing sometime, feel free to announce it. I only have experience with Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition and 4th edition but i'm up for playing and learning anything. We still need to figure out when and how often we'll be able to get together and play. Preferably at least once a week. We'll also be using Roll20, a wonderful and versatile free website to set up and play on.

We're going to be playing Pathfinder, a finely polished version of DnD 3.5e. Friday nights at 7pm central time. (hopefully.)
    Last edited by TheTayLord; 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM.

I'd suggest pathfinder or 3.5 as they tend to be the systems that most people seem to prefer (though I also have experience with GURPS, Warhammer 40k, World of Darkness, and a few others that elude me right now). But yeah this is me showing my interest.

Comment

I've heard several good recommendations about both pathfinder and 3.5. It'll probably end up being one of those that we play. DnD can be a little number crunching sometimes and i know thats a problem for some people. I'm gonna check out pathfinder and see what the differences are. I'm guessing it involves the same amount of math though.

Comment

Actually pathfinder is 3.5 cleaned up, they simplified alot of the way things work and rolled skills into each other making it simpler, basically it's 3.75. I've played both and found Pathfinder to be the easier to grasp of the two (and it helps they wrote some pretty awesome "adventure paths" for it, and the DM guide is in the core rule book.

Comment

Pathfinder sounds pretty nice then. We just need some willing adventurers with hopefully non-interfering availability times

Comment

Well on that front, you know the WoW raiding nights for LzH those are pretty much the only days I'm unavailable on for obvious reasons

Comment

so tues wed thurs nights are out. i could be available anytime anyday as long as i plan for it in advance, although late evening-nighttime would be easier. Not much point in picking a day and time yet though until we have more participants. Unless we do games with only 1 adventurer. I had a friend who did that all the time in 3.5 but personally i think it would be more fun with a group

Comment

I been watching a lot of DnD stuff on twitch lately, let me know if you guys do go forward with it.

Comment

I'm in Tay I've been wanting to do tabletop games like DnD

Comment

If somebody wants to be DM that'd be great, but i have a feeling everyone would rather be an adventurer instead. Myself included. If nobody decides to volunteer then i'll be the DM.

Comment

sparte19 as it'd probably help us work things out, what's your availability like?

TheTayLord we probably want 2 more people then as most of the adventure paths and the like are based off of having a party of 4 people. As for GMing if we're running adventure paths/modules, perhaps rotating GM as we finish each book might be an idea so everyone gets a chance to try both spots?

Comment

Yes rotating GM is a wonderful idea.

Comment

I'm down I can play any day any time other than wed/thurs 11pm to 3am EST due to my raid
                          Afroking LoL
                          Battletag Elderfro#1453
                          STREAM

Comment

Yes, this is something I am very much down for. I have DM'ed in the past, but my skill isn't high. There's a setting that I do have lots of knowledge on though.

Comment

awesome awesome. I created a Pathfinder session inside Roll20. Anybody who wants to can go to it here: https://app.roll20.net/join/1033656/ceD7-A You'll also need to set up a Roll20 account if you don't already have one. Luckily it's free. It's not actually ready to play yet, it's just joinable if you want to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X