Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes from the latest BF3 patch

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Changes from the latest BF3 patch

As you might know the patch notes for the next patch has been realized and I turns out there are plenty of substantial changes in here, thought I would try to sum it up here. Since the entire patch notes are 5200 words long I figured maybe not everyone will read it. I will focus what are the important changes for our SR play, maybe I make a conquest version later.

On one hand this is not the final patch, only “suggestions”, but in my experience 19 out of 20 patch notes make it into the game. DICE will only change it if there is a massive reaction from the community and I doubt there will be on this one.

Important class/weapon changes

I start with the very general conclusion that the reasons to play other classes than assault got even lower after this patch.

Start with engineer, the only reason to play engineer is the RPG and it actually got nerfed from 3 things at the same time. Explosive radius from RPG towards infantry has been slightly reduced, flak (explosive resistance) is now more effective in reducing damage and there is a reduction in number of rockets as well.

Recon, all main weapon shotguns got substantially nerfed, from 12 to 9 slugs per shell. That is one big damage reduction. Add to this that the USAS got an additional nerf on top of this. I think this pretty much is a nail in the coffin for shotgun play. Regarding AS VAL I am not sure, the accuracy got reduced but now you can add an extended mag to AS VAL. Nerf? Snipers got a buff though, chest shots will now be one shot kill in CC with some sniper rifles. PDW-R and P90 got some buffs also, might be worth a try now for CC recon play.

Support, this class got some buffs. Suppression will now reduce accuracy more than before. Bipods also got buffed, it will now increase accuracy further and will also go quicker to deploy. This combination could make it interesting for defense, corridor on metro comes to mind for instance.

Assault over all got buffed. Medical crate got a buff. M26 mass and slug got buffed, buckshot will also spread less if fired in iron sight view. AN-94 and F2000 got buffs, M16A3 remains the same and all other assault rifles got nerfed. Most noteworthy, AEK got higher initial recoil = weaker medium/long range.

The sum of this makes am argument for M16A3. AEK get 2 nerfs (higher recoil+frontgrip) and M16A3 remains the same. Also MASS and buck gets boosted making it a good option for CC which is the weak point of M16. Or try out the AN-94/F2000.

Weapon addons

- Laser sight got buffed, will increase hip accuracy even more.

- Foregrip increase the accuracy less for AEK, F2000 and FAMAS (additional nerf for AEK).

- Heavy barrel over all got buffed. Effects vertical recoil less than before, higher long range accuracy and still reduces the weapons horizontal bullet spread. Over all makes it strong medium and long range. Penalty to hip accuracy however. This should be solvable though, never play no scope with main weapon and use MASS/320 buck in CC. Could be a strong combination if you learn how to use it.

- Silencer: Not entirely sure about this one, as far as I get it, a little weaker midrange, weaker in CC and a bit stronger long range. Over all I think it is a nerf but it is not entirely clear. Dice describe it as “worse hip accuracy and range but reduced recoil and much improved stealth”.

- Flash suppressor: Buffed. Reduces vertical recoil but gives a small hip accuracy reduction as well. Reduces muzzle flash also obviously.

So for me it would stand between laser sight and heavy barrel. Laser sight which already is good gets even better or the heavy barrel which gets a significant boost.

Other

Fall damage has been reduced.

Finally a weird but interesting change, an increase in spawn protection from 1 to 2 seconds. What is more that you now actually can look around without breaking the “protection”. Meaning that if you spawn in a CC situation and just don’t move your “feet” you can actually take aim for 2 seconds. Which is plenty of time to make a headshot aim.

Then there are 100 other changes plus all the conquest changes but this was the most important ones from a SR perspective.

PS. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DID NOT FIX THE SQUAD RUSH SQUAD BUG!

• Ari
      Ari commented
      Editing a comment
      good write up ZaKing!

• Silent1337
      Silent1337 commented
      Editing a comment
      nice one mate!
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Celestial Scrap Hunt
    by Disenchantment

Join Carnage64 and x10Power for an adrenaline-fueled journey in Lethal Company this Saturday, November 25th, at 6:00 PM PST on http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power !

Tasked with scavenging scrap from desolate, industrialized moons, players face a perilous balance of risk and reward in a realistic atmosphere. Brace for intense encounters, from limb-severing to decapitations. And, watch out – rumor has it that x10Power might have some 'friendly' sabotage...
    11-24-2023, 03:47 AM
  • A Decade of LOLs
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an exciting trip tonight as we shake things up on the new Jackbox 10 for Community Night!​

Hop on board the thrilling adventure by tuning in to http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power, where you'll have the opportunity to witness the excitement from multiple perspectives. Prepare yourself for an evening brimming with zany mini-games, over-the-top challenges, and an abundance of amusement or always sabotage CarNage64 by any means.
    10-21-2023, 06:22 PM
  • Unleash Your Inner Big Daddy
    by Disenchantment

Why roam the dystopian underwater city of Rapture alone when Lzuruha can hook you up with a free copy of BioShock Remastered on Steam? Just hit that reaction button on their post at https://discord.com/channels/2029991...69647173070948 to enter the giveaway. The Giveaway bot will randomly select a winner, so don't let this opportunity swim away. Trust us, you don't want to be a Big Daddy and miss out on this epic adventure.

Prize:...
    05-03-2023, 01:49 AM
  • Brick Your Way Through the Galaxy!
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an out-of-this-world giveaway! Lzuruha is giving away LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga on Steam to one lucky winner chosen at random! All you need to do is react to this post: https://discord.com/channels/2029991...59552232009808 to enter! Once the clock runs out, the Giveaway bot will select and announce the winner automatically! Don't miss out on the chance to join the epic Star Wars adventure for free!

Prize:...
    04-23-2023, 01:13 AM
  • The House Just Got a Little MORE Stylish!
    by Ari

Welcome to another update of our Shirogane mansion on Diabolos server on North America! We have updated the front yard a bit and plan to have a big update coming on the outside soon! The inside got a lot of new rooms added such as the arcade room, meeting hall in the basement, place to eat on the main floor and yes... even a ERP room for giggles! More will be coming in December so stay tuned!

11-13-2019, 09:11 AM
  • Eden’s Gate: Resurrection SAVAGE Cleared!
    by Ari

Ryne hopes to use its limitless power to restore the aetherial balance of the Empty and breathe life into the planet. However, she must first gain control of Eden's core, which is likely to have countermeasures for repelling intruders. This is where our Company comes into play... Our Company set out with eight adventurers to take down the Prime on savage mode!

Eden Prime
    • Note: The edges of the room will kill players on contact.
    Phase 1
    • Spear of Paradi
    08-25-2019, 06:05 AM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X