No announcement yet.

Interview with FoolMeOnce

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Interview with FoolMeOnce

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2620[/ATTACH]

Recently I had a chance to sit down with FoolMeOnce who is now the Guild Master of the Lzuruha Guild Wars 2 guild. We talked a little bit about his path to becoming the guild master of the guild and the direction of the guild under his reign. We also touch on the current state of Guild Wars 2 and some changes he would like to see coming into the game! Check out the full interview below!

Natasha Charbonneau:
    So tell us about yourself FoolMeOnce!

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    Well, I'm a computer science major (programmer), I work as an assistant sysadmin/programmer, as far as gaming goes, I obviously play GW2 a lot, I played guild wars for roughly six years, so naturally I decided to give gw2 a shot!

Natasha Charbonneau:
    How did you get on the path of becoming the Guild Master of the Lzuruha Guild Wars 2 division?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    Paul, the original guild leader, was the one who recruited me, Shortly after I joined, he became somewhat busy and needed some help managing the guild. So a handful of us pitched in to assist him. Eventually he became too busy to run things and left the guild

Natasha Charbonneau:
    How is the guild adjusting to the new changes? What server do you guys play on now and plans towards PvE and PvP stuff?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    Everyone pretty much looked at me to take it over, after Simmion's incident. We currently play on Sorrow's Furnace. Our main focus are dungeons and WvW, with some farming on the side to build up funds. We've been taking the new changes well, we've been prepared for every event/patch/change thus far due to many of scouring forums and reddit. The halloween event was a great example, many of us got into each event/area as soon as it opened. We've already prepared for the first major content patch, which rolls out this Friday

Natasha Charbonneau:
    We recently saw on the site that acquired a Commander's Compendium, what does that mean for the guild?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    It allows the holder (myself) to create a squad at will. It is similiar to a party, except that up to 50 players can join it. We can place down markers on the map (attack, defend, etc) Also, when the Commander is active he appears as an icon on the map for everyone in that zone. Even if they aren't in the squad. It's helped our recruitment efforts greatly, and we now frequently spearhead WvW operations for the entire server. Most players who aren't part of a group bundle up into "zergs". We can influence where they head by placing our commander in certain locations. They absolutely love to follow the shiny blue icon

Natasha Charbonneau:
    Does anyone stream this action on Twitch.TV or Own3d?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    I stream WvW/events when I can, and Kal-El (dadofsteel) also streams more general GW2 content

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Natasha Charbonneau:
    How do you feel with the state of the game currently? If you could change or tweak anything what would you change?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    The biggest issue is free server transfers. ArenaNet left them in because the guesting system not operational. They've restricted it from unlimited transfers down to once "only" once a week. Many players jump ship and head to a more successful server after each weeklong WvW match ends. WvW could use more content (which ArenaNet has hinted at) Thankfully, PvP and class balance feels fairly good at the moment

Natasha Charbonneau:
    Ill tie this up for you and ask if you have any last words or shoutouts?

Ryan (FoolMeOnce):
    I would like to thank everyone at Lzuruha for being very welcoming and supportive, especially Abschatten who always checks in on us. Of course there's Sir Digby and Tonaga who help me manage the guild - it would be a lot more difficult (if not impossible) without them. I feel we're heading in the right direction and I'm looking forward to the future!

• Ari
      Ari commented
      Editing a comment
      finalllllly ;3
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Celestial Scrap Hunt
    by Disenchantment

Join Carnage64 and x10Power for an adrenaline-fueled journey in Lethal Company this Saturday, November 25th, at 6:00 PM PST on http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power !

Tasked with scavenging scrap from desolate, industrialized moons, players face a perilous balance of risk and reward in a realistic atmosphere. Brace for intense encounters, from limb-severing to decapitations. And, watch out – rumor has it that x10Power might have some 'friendly' sabotage...
    11-24-2023, 03:47 AM
  • A Decade of LOLs
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an exciting trip tonight as we shake things up on the new Jackbox 10 for Community Night!​

Hop on board the thrilling adventure by tuning in to http://twitch.tv/carnage64 and http://twitch.tv/x10power, where you'll have the opportunity to witness the excitement from multiple perspectives. Prepare yourself for an evening brimming with zany mini-games, over-the-top challenges, and an abundance of amusement or always sabotage CarNage64 by any means.
    10-21-2023, 06:22 PM
  • Unleash Your Inner Big Daddy
    by Disenchantment

Why roam the dystopian underwater city of Rapture alone when Lzuruha can hook you up with a free copy of BioShock Remastered on Steam? Just hit that reaction button on their post at https://discord.com/channels/2029991...69647173070948 to enter the giveaway. The Giveaway bot will randomly select a winner, so don't let this opportunity swim away. Trust us, you don't want to be a Big Daddy and miss out on this epic adventure.

Prize:...
    05-03-2023, 01:49 AM
  • Brick Your Way Through the Galaxy!
    by Disenchantment

Get ready for an out-of-this-world giveaway! Lzuruha is giving away LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga on Steam to one lucky winner chosen at random! All you need to do is react to this post: https://discord.com/channels/2029991...59552232009808 to enter! Once the clock runs out, the Giveaway bot will select and announce the winner automatically! Don't miss out on the chance to join the epic Star Wars adventure for free!

Prize:...
    04-23-2023, 01:13 AM
  • The House Just Got a Little MORE Stylish!
    by Ari

Welcome to another update of our Shirogane mansion on Diabolos server on North America! We have updated the front yard a bit and plan to have a big update coming on the outside soon! The inside got a lot of new rooms added such as the arcade room, meeting hall in the basement, place to eat on the main floor and yes... even a ERP room for giggles! More will be coming in December so stay tuned!

11-13-2019, 09:11 AM
  • Eden’s Gate: Resurrection SAVAGE Cleared!
    by Ari

Ryne hopes to use its limitless power to restore the aetherial balance of the Empty and breathe life into the planet. However, she must first gain control of Eden's core, which is likely to have countermeasures for repelling intruders. This is where our Company comes into play... Our Company set out with eight adventurers to take down the Prime on savage mode!

Eden Prime
    • Note: The edges of the room will kill players on contact.
    Phase 1
    • Spear of Paradi
    08-25-2019, 06:05 AM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X