Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sit down with LastShadow Before Korea

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Sit down with LastShadow Before Korea

Mana had a chance to talk with LastShadow about his past and how he became apart of the GosuGamers.net team when no one could ever imagine that happening and his plans for the future of his StarCraft eSports career.

マナ says:
    Let's get down to business then, for those who don't know you can you introduce yourself!

Nick says:
    I'm Nick "lastshadow" De Cesare, I'm 18yrs old and I'm currently living in Arizona. I played sc2 starting at retail, and then quit in late September, only to come back in April 2011.

マナ says:
    What race are you currently playing? What made you decide to play it?

Nick says:
    I'm currently playing Terran, I was initially Protoss, then Terran, then Zerg, and now back to Terran. It was my race in broodwar, and it's the hardest race again in Starcraft:II, so that's why I chose to play it.

マナ says:
    You joined up with gosugamers this year as one of their players, how did all of that happen? I'm sure thats one of the biggest questions of the community.

Nick says:
    I was on Facebook one day in March and Marcoon messaged me, before I had been talking to iNfeRnaL asking him how Sc2 was going for him. Ultimately it turned into Marcoon asking me to comeback to SC2 and offering me a spot on the team/sponsorship if I did, and insisting they needed a Terran, so after a while I finally did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gglastshadow200casual.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	165077

マナ says:
    How do you feel about the people that don't move on and go on about your manners in the past back in starcraft? People change but it seems people in the community aren't as forgiving.

Nick says:
    I'd say I'm really happy with the doors that have been opened for me as time keeps passing, but as far as the flame and such, I guess I can understand it and accept it. I'd say I get much less flame than people would probably think now adays, I actually almost rarely see it brought up outside of forum people asking questions about it.

マナ says:
    Thats good to hear that people are moving on then, So what is your plans coming up? Just finished up Zotac last week taking out Spades and HongUnPrime, when will we see you again?

Nick says:
    Yeah that was a really really big win for me, it actually caused a lot of things to happen for me that I can't quite talk about yet. I try to play in every weekly tour, but lately I've just had so much going on that I'm really only practicing/helping out friends etc with builds and timings, and also trying to improve my mechanics.

マナ says:
    Any LAN's in the near future you are eyeing?

Nick says:
    Yep, I'm actually attending the Arizona Open LAN next weekend with Skew. It's actually looking like it's going to be the hardest non-professional tournament LAN in the US since a long time ago. Players like IdrA, iNcontroL, Machine, etc are all going to be there.
    But for major off-line LAN's, I'm planning on going to korea very soon hopefully and then coming back for MLG R.I

マナ says:
    It seems nowadays to be an professional eSports StarCraft II player you have to be around the world. Whats your opinion with so many leagues and events being held around the world now. There is so many events in North America and Korea and even Europe. Do you think it's a good thing that it has changed to being wide spread than just being in korea like Brood War was? (Hope that made sense!)

Nick says:
    Yeah, I think it's awesome really. It gives people from all over the world to experience the LAN atmosphere, and also it gives everyone in different time zones a chance to play in a variety of tournaments. The only thing that I still have to agree with however is that if you want to succeed in Starcraft:II, it is needed to go to Korea. And the longer the game is out, the more and more we're seeing that.

マナ says:
    Ah yes, they announced another channel in korea dedicated to starcraft 2. Who would you be looking most forward to playing against when in korea?

Nick says:
    Whoever plays correctly and destroys me over and over is who I look forward to playing. There are alot of koreans that are "good" but they don't play correctly, so it's not worth it to play vs them a lot in my opinion. I'm going to love facing off against players like MVP, Puma, etc on ladder though .

マナ says:
    Lets tie this interview up with some short answer/questions! Favorite Player?

Nick says:
    Flash/Savior/Iloveoov, even tho they're starcraft 1 .

マナ says:
    Favorite Match Up?

Nick says:
    TvT.

マナ says:
    Favorite Map?

Nick says:
    Tal Darim Alter.

マナ says:
    Favorite Unit?

Nick says:
    That's pretty hard I guess the hellion.

マナ says:
    Any Last words to anyone out there?

Nick says:
    Thanks to my team GosuGamers.net and everyone who still supported me over the years, despite my shady/bad past as a player, and to everyone is slowly reaccepting me as player. .

You can support LastShadow at these sites!

twitter.com/lastshadow9

We bring you the latest Esports editorial & data coverage, match schedules, and world rankings.

Images from gosugamers.net
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• King of the Hill Results "Epyon vs Locq"
      by Ari

Epyon now defends his title against Locq175 who we've seen play originally against Kinoy back in the first episode. Today he is back to now challenge the new current king Epyon in StarCraft Brood War Remastered! Will Locq take the title now with his history of StarCraft 2 or will Epyon be the first King to defend his title?

SacredMyths & CarNage64 are casting the match!

06-07-2018, 07:07 AM
    • King of the Hill #1 "Kinoy vs Locq"
      by Ari
      King of the Hill #1 kicks off with Kinoy taking on Locq in StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void! The series will feature many different RTS games which will force the King to be on their toes at all times. All matches will be best of 7 and promises to be a few hours of fun!

This episode was commentated by CarNage64 & SacredMyths!

What is StarCraft II?

The expansion includes additional units and multiplayer changes from Heart of The Swarm, as
      06-04-2018, 02:01 AM
    • Lzuruha Returns to StarCraft II
      by Disenchantment

Lzuruha is going back to it's roots! Lzuruha is finally getting back into the StarCraft scene! Meet the captain of the team and two of the latest members to join up with the squad! Continue reading below to get to know a little more about each of them now and be sure to tune in on youtube for the interview in the very near future on the Lzuruha main channel!

Muizz

So lets start off with who are you? I am Kyle Bogart, als
      04-06-2015, 11:16 PM
    • Legacy of the Void Closed Beta Coming Soon!
      by Ari

Legacy of the Void Closed Beta starts on March 31st! Be sure to check out the blog for more info - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/1829...

http://facebook.com/starcraft
      http://twitter.com/starcraft...
      03-18-2015, 01:01 PM
    • Blizzard Stream Awards 2014
      by Ari

Award nominees will be announced on Tuesday, March 10, and award winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 18, right on Blizzard’s official community sites and on Blog.Twitch.tv.

For a list of awards categories and to learn how the 2014 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch works, check out the breakdown below.

How It Works
      • Award Categories: Together, Blizzard and Twitch have established 21 unique award categories representing streamers from five
      03-11-2015, 02:53 PM
    • Ladder Update -- March 2, 2015
      by Ari

Blizzard recently put out a blog post on the current MMR system, the changes for the next season and what to expect when Legacy of the Void hits.

League Distribution
      We’ve seen many reporting potential inconsistencies with league placement across all regions. Last year, we made league boundary adjustments that helped balance overall league distribution percentages. With league distribution being affected by the amount of players participating in ladder...
      03-03-2015, 06:24 AM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
    X