Collapse
  •  

• A Sit Down Update with Eric

Click image for larger version

Name:	csgointerview.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	173558
    This week I was able to sit down and catch up with Eric, the captain of the Lzuruha Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team on the roster change ups and the Winout tournament coming up soon. Why they prefer CEVO over ESEA? Where to find them and see them live? Read the sit down below for all that!

Natasha Charbonneau:

So its been awhile since we last talked, the CSGO team recently went through some changes, whats up?

Eric Newton:

Well, when we first started we had dyonz shotcalling and me as a support player. Once we started scrimming hard teams, we found that my style of leading worked a bit better with the tools that we have to use, so naturally I moved myself into a leading role. Another change that you might find is that our roster has changed, we released Ephrum^ as a rifler and picked up our new LzH rifler, Paprika! Overall, he has been a fantastic change to the roster and provides a solid rifle and a consistent performance.

Natasha Charbonneau:

Where did you guys pick up Paprika?

Eric Newton:

Curiously enough, we found him through his stream! Dyonz was browsing some smaller streams and found a rifle that could communicate well with his team. From there, we got in contact, and the rest was history

Natasha Charbonneau:

Haha that doesn't work out that well most of the time, looks like you guys got lucky! So that brings me to my next question then. When is the first league or tournament match coming up with the new line up to "battle test" the new group?

Eric Newton:

Currently we have been practicing as massive amount for the Winout Qualifiers coming up here in a couple days on August 7th. Every 2 or so days is filled with around 3-4 hours of practice, along with pugging together and demo reviews. We feel that we are as confident as a new team can be going into a qualifier for a LAN. Overall, this is going to be a huge learning experience for us and prepare us further for the CEVO season coming up.

Natasha Charbonneau:

Has anything changed with the way you play or different map choices with current map pool with the new edition to the team? I'm sure it may have made your confidence better on certain maps now with a better rifler

Eric Newton:

I think we have all changed the way we play ever since the beginning. We have played with each other so much, that I can be confident that someone can hold a position, or make sure to take 2 frags before the opponent gets onto a site. Honestly - I have the utmost respect and trust in every single one of my teammates at this point. I don't worry about sending an extra man to make sure to take control of a certain area and this allows me to be more confident in my calls and strategies. Right now I can't talk about our map choices right now just because we will be facing teams that will veto certain maps - but I'm sure you guys will be surprised at certain maps that we veto towards during the tournament stream

Natasha Charbonneau:

So I have to ask because I get this question a lot from people in the community. Why CEVO and these other tournaments and no ESEA?

Eric Newton:

Well, there are two reasons. One, because ever since the ESEA update and the measures they go to to reduce people cheating, it turns into something invasive. While I do agree that cheating has no place in a competitive game such as CS:GO, we do tend to be tentative towards allowing 24/7 system monitoring. While ESEA represents one of the main routes one can take to break into the professional scene, we believe that this is not the only way. Secondly, we simply like CEVO. The customer support is great, they make strides to sponsor tournaments, and they offer a great service.

Natasha Charbonneau:

Fair enough, I always felt while ESEA was solid for the most part anti cheat wise, the PR and methods have been insanely questionable. I must admit i'm running blanks in my head at the moment, is there anything you'd like to throw out there?

Eric Newton:

haha, not much - all i want to say is we enjoy everyone's support - and the community as a whole has been fantastic. We have some of our division's best players and we hope to add to the LzH brand with some strong results.

Natasha Charbonneau:

As always, where can people find you guys?

Eric Newton:

well, I'm pretty sure most of our team streams. EricN (twitch.tv/ericn_tv), one of the best IGL's and strategists in our division (if I might say so myself!) , Dyonz (twitch.tv/dy0nz), one of the best riflers, Paprika (twitch.tv/paprika_tvs), our new blood, and KoL (twitch.tv/k_o_l), one of the best AWP'ers in our CEVO division. Blehhs will also be streaming soon once he gets it up and running, so tune in for an incredible entry fragger and teammate. Finally, tweet me! at @EricN_CS

• Ari
      Ari commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope it goes smooth!

• RightAsReno
      RightAsReno commented
      Editing a comment
      Im following this with great interest, hoping for the best.

• dyonz
      dyonz commented
      Editing a comment
      so Natasha is a chicken?
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• ESEA Main: Close Comeback vs InControl Gaming 16-13
    by Ari

Lzuruha takes on InControl Gaming (8-4-0), Not to be confused with the StarCraft player! in ESEA Main this week (14/07/2016). InControl lived up to their name on the first half on mirage against our Terrorist side scoring 11 rounds against us making it 4-11 going into the second half. Now on the Counter-Terrorist side, the Lzuruha CSGO team knew they couldn't afford to make anymore mistakes or the match would easily slip out of their hands. They slowly began to claw their way back on the...
    07-16-2016, 01:23 AM
  • ESEA Main: Unfortunate turn of events for ViLLAiNSgg 16-12
    by Ari

Lzuruha played ViLLAiNSgg (6-6-0) on de_mirage in ESEA Main (13/07/2016). Before the match began, it was a rocky start for ViLLAiNSgg as they needed to find one more to complete their roster. Once the game begun however they were able to make the first half on the Terrorist side for Lzuruha a close even half 8-7 in our favor. However once on the Counter-Terrorist side it showed that their team wouldn't be able to hold up against ours with their issues going on and Lzuruha closed it out 8-5...
    07-15-2016, 09:52 PM
  • ESEA Main: st4twh0res Taken out 16-11! Top 10 ESEA Main!
    by Ari

Lzuruha takes on st4twh0res (6-4-0) this week in ESEA Main on de_train. The boys turned it up from the start on the Terrorist side taking 7 rounds straight before dropping their first round. The Terrorist half ended in a dominating 11-4 half before switching over to the Counter-Terrorist side! On the Counter-Terrorist side st4twh0res started to claw their way back but was only able to break even on the second half before Lzuruha was able to close the half out 5-6 and ultimately took the...
    07-08-2016, 12:35 AM
  • ESEA Main: Rough Start, Rough Loss 9-16
    by Ari

Today Lzuruha take on Empyreal eSports (7-2-0) in ESEA Main. Empyreal took a pretty good pistol then the following gun rounds making it a quick 3-0 in their favor. As round 4 rolled around, Lzuruha was able to buy rifles and was able to get a bomb plant but not able to pick the round up. Empyreal has been successful at shutting our boys down with their duo AWP on the Terrorist side 0-6. Round 7 turned into an AWP war with which didn't go well for us but reD was able to 1v3 them and give the...
    07-03-2016, 11:01 PM
  • ESEA Main: Back in the Winning Column 16-8 over Kitfoxes
    by Ari

Today we face off against Kitfoxes (6-2-0) on the classic de_dust2 in ESEA Main. While our boys did take pistol round and the following rounds that normally come with that. Kitfoxes made it an extremely close start for Lzuruha's Terrorist half just ending on top with 8-7. However once our team got on the Counter-Terrorist side, there was little mercy shown with a 8-1 second half and ended the series 16-8 in Lzuruha's favor and back into the winning column. Next week we take on Empyreal e...
    07-01-2016, 01:15 AM
  • ESEA Main: Win Streak Ends Against Incognito
    by Ari

The four game win streak came to an end today as we suffered our second defeat at the hands of Incognito on de_overpass 13-16. Sadly our boys had a bad start on the Terrorist side and was able to start slowly salvaging it ending 6-9 before switching over to the Counter-Terrorist. However the damage has been done and couldn't get the rounds we needed and broke even on the second half 7-7 which ended the match in favor of Incognito.

Download Demo: here.

Statement from...
    06-30-2016, 11:33 PM

Article Tags

Collapse

Working...
X